What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3080's where art thou?

Entz

Yeah numbers are not that great but they do have some at least. In store only sucks for those without a ME close but if there is :

The gigabyte OC seems to have the better stock but it is also $765 (FE is 679).
1603986284682.png

Most of the others are showing <5 at random stores. XC3 only has stock left (10+) in Edmonton for some reason...

Izerous

Folding Team
3070. Edmonton MemEx sold out of all SKUs already. A few scattered in calgary and bc

ipaine

ipaine...sweet!!
Yes very sweet.

Still don't have any front fans on my case so card is running warmer than it will once I have time to clean things but I can say it looks so nice and damn it is powerful.
As a quick example, I did a quick run of the Shadow of the Tomb Raider benchmark. Before with my 1080ti SLI I would get an average of 80fps @3440*1440. On the 3080 it was about 120fps. That is with everything maxed out except raytracing.
Same thing with the raytracing was 40fps with the sli setup and 76fps with the 3080.

And again this is with a card at stock without decent airflow which is going to effect it.

Going to have to do the benches proper once I have the fans in.

clshades

Yes very sweet.

Still don't have any front fans on my case so card is running warmer than it will once I have time to clean things but I can say it looks so nice and damn it is powerful.
As a quick example, I did a quick run of the Shadow of the Tomb Raider benchmark. Before with my 1080ti SLI I would get an average of 80fps @3440*1440. On the 3080 it was about 120fps. That is with everything maxed out except raytracing.
Same thing with the raytracing was 40fps with the sli setup and 76fps with the 3080.

And again this is with a card at stock without decent airflow which is going to effect it.

Going to have to do the benches proper once I have the fans in.
Damn you! Damn you all to hell! 🙃

rjbarker

Damn you! Damn you all to hell! 🙃

Crazy......thats awesome...finally a single Card worthy of trouncing a couple of 1080Ti's.....feeling pretty good about skipping that 2080Ti !!!!
Playing RDR2 (only utilizes single Card not SLi optimized) and settings a mix of Ultra / High / Med and bouncing between 48 - 58 FPS @ 3440*1440p, If you have RDR2 let me know how it looks !!!! Im sure it will push Ultra settings to 100 FPS....
Looking forward to that card with a Block!!!

ipaine

I don't have RDR2 so can't test that.

But I will say one thing. You would think that I must have lower power draw right? I mean 2 1080ti's with hybrid coolers on them has to be pulling more power. Well you would be right, but only as an average

This is total system power during benchmarking SOTR.

1080ti SLI = into psu 835W and then into system 769w (92% efficiency) Average in 562W and to system 521W
3080 = into psu 870W and then into system 800w (92% efficiency) Average in 547W and to system 507W

These were logged over 6 runs of the benchmark, 3 with raytrace and 3 without.

Honestly amazes me how hungry this 3080 is.

FreeKnight

Hard to believe were what, >2 months since the 3080 release and inventory's basically non-existent. I'd like to pick up a Strix 3080 OC, but would take a TUF as well, but I don't expect we'll see any until Jan at this rate

Dwayne

It seems that most of them are on pre-order so they don't get listed, or so it seems. Perhaps Newegg, I have seen the trackers show drops for them, but I imagine that CC, ME, Mikes, and many smaller places just have a line up and they don't list them.

I was on CC and ME this morning and Canada Computers still will not sell e-tail, only in store pre-order. ME just said out of stock. And I looked to see what the prices were for the AMD cards and they don't even list them at either retailer.

Latest posts