What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3080's where art thou?

rjbarker

Wow....a week to see the Evga notify queue move up by one day....."now serving 18 Sept".....my order is 6 Oct......unreal

mGz

Wow....a week to see the Evga notify queue move up by one day....."now serving 18 Sept".....my order is 6 Oct......unreal

With mining being popular again this craze isn't going to subside before summer like people previously anticipated. You're looking at an entire year of 3080's being complete unicorns. 3080's in particular because of the price/performance and the fact they're much better than 3090's to mine with.

Even quality PSU's are hard to come by. In my case I'm trying to find an EVGA P2/T2 in the 1000W/1200W range and it's impossible. ATM I'm fine with my 750W G3 but I'm bored. I'd love to push some port royal bench's with a custom bios.

Solace

With mining being popular again this craze isn't going to subside before summer like people previously anticipated. You're looking at an entire year of 3080's being complete unicorns. 3080's in particular because of the price/performance and the fact they're much better than 3090's to mine with.

Even quality PSU's are hard to come by. In my case I'm trying to find an EVGA P2/T2 in the 1000W/1200W range and it's impossible. ATM I'm fine with my 750W G3 but I'm bored. I'd love to push some port royal bench's with a custom bios.

I had to drive 40 minutes to find a ax860i, all decent seasonics are also backordered. Anything over 750+w is hard to source if its a quality psu

Reactions: mGz

mGz

I had to drive 40 minutes to find a ax860i, all decent seasonics are also backordered. Anything over 750+w is hard to source if its a quality psu

That's bonkers. I've already signed up for notifications on evga's site for majority of their higher end PSU's. I might as well start collecting components early for my next platform upgrade.

rjbarker

It's a joke really. I've given up even looking anymore.

Yeah you got that right.....just sit back and wait for my notification....need to flush my damn system and really wanted to have a new Card to install at the same time......oh well, maybe by March I'll be notified......what bloody horrid launch!!!!!

Solace

That's bonkers. I've already signed up for notifications on evga's site for majority of their higher end PSU's. I might as well start collecting components early for my next platform upgrade.
If you find one I would just buy and hang onto it be a G3 from evga or ax860i/px850. Maybe even keep a spare since BTC price increased. I'm hoping btc tanks by end of Q1 so prices and stock normalize quicker.
Huh....got a bnib Corsair AX 1200i ....used it for about 2 days...then replaced it with a 1600i ......
Yea 1200w is not utilized unless you have 2 3090s and sli or plan on doing some ridicules overclocking on both the CPU/GPU for a single 3090. 750/850 is sufficient. Those are all marked up at 400$+ as well where as 850w and below are 250 and under.

If you needed a 1600i then you either wanted some uberly silent psu or do some other heavy stuff such as mining

mGz

Huh....got a bnib Corsair AX 1200i ....used it for about 2 days...then replaced it with a 1600i ......

LOL...

If you find one I would just buy and hang onto it be a G3 from evga or ax860i/px850. Maybe even keep a spare since BTC price increased. I'm hoping btc tanks by end of Q1 so prices and stock normalize quicker.

Yea 1200w is not utilized unless you have 2 3090s and sli or plan on doing some ridicules overclocking on both the CPU/GPU for a single 3090. 750/850 is sufficient. Those are all marked up at 400$+ as well where as 850w and below are 250 and under.

If you needed a 1600i then you either wanted some uberly silent psu or do some other heavy stuff such as mining

People generally will be running with an unlocked 1000W bios when pushing benches, whilst also shunt modding. For that I need an S-Tier PSU in the 1000-1200W range to be safe. It's something I wanted to experiment with for a while now. My G3 750W isn't exactly new but it's getting replaced regardless. It won't suffice once I'm fortunate enough to procure either an 11900k or 5950X.

My current PSU is fine (as referenced below) so long as I don't push my 3090 beyond the stock 450W bios.

PSUguideline.jpg