What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3080's where art thou?

sswilson

Staff member
Were you on a waiting list or did you just luck out and get in on a drop before it sold out?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
on evag waiting list atm for 3 models have family in Edmonton scouring Bestbuy mem x when they can to try catch one of the FE models for me.

ipaine

Good luck on the MemEx front.

I was in there on Sunday and over heard one of them talking on the phone saying they just got some in and those were fulfilling orders from Sept 25th (or 22nd, my brain not working like it used to). I asked them what cards and they were talking about the Asus Strix 3080's but I'm going to assume it is damn near that bad for all of them. I realize how lucky I have been to have had a 3080 since Oct.

Hell just the empty shelves that used to be full of gpu's is telling.

Honestly I've been buying parts for multiple decades, and I can't think of any time where parts, GPU specifically, were this hard to get. Its just crazy. Now I understand why there are adds on kijiji not selling but wanting 1080ti's for like $550-650.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
i hear yeah ipaine i shoulda sold my titan systems for more. had 5 Titan X gpus go into builds, that had 9900ks 8 tb hdds, and new cases, 16gb -32gb ram

delavan1

my local MM has 45 names on the waiting list for 3080 Strix....good luck for the whole company to even get have 45 cards total across Canada.
They refuse to take a deposit at this point.

Bond007

The more cards they have not in stock, the higher the average selling price goes. If it becomes the norm for pricing, the MSRP can officially rise as new models come out. $$$$$$$

Not like this imo. This whole thing has been a complete joke. Making variants they can't even supply is even dumber.

But this way there are even more cards that we can't buy!

Latest posts