What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

360mm Rad Vs 240 + 120mm Rad & Reservoir Questions

Rollergold

I'm currently running an X58 based machine in HAF 932 case and cooling the cpu with a Corsair H100. I'm planing on moving to X79/LGA-2011 next year and also moving on to a custom water cooling loop to cool the CPU.

My first question is would a single 360mm rad do better over a 240 + 120mm rad combo and if so by how much. I'm willing to upgrade my case if the single 360mm rad does better but if the difference is not going to be very large between the two I rather keep my HAF 932 and save a few bucks.

My second question is does anyone know of a reservoir that has a fill hole that matches the the location of the fill port on the HAF 932? I've asked around at other sites but no one seems to have a clear answer.

Any help on these 2 questions would be great.

PS. I plan on only cooling the cpu with the water loop.

Bloodystumps

To be honest your probably only going to need a 240 as for the res I don't have a clear answer either .

read up on as much as you can, every little bit of info before you start can really help .

lowfat

Staff member
A 3x120mm = A 2x120mm + a 1x120mm. Well pretty much anyways. Why couldn't you just install a 3x120mm radiator up top in your HAF932? Pretty sure it can hold a 3x120mm no problem.

Rollergold

A 3x120mm = A 2x120mm + a 1x120mm. Well pretty much anyways. Why couldn't you just install a 3x120mm radiator up top in your HAF932? Pretty sure it can hold a 3x120mm no problem.
I don't think a 360mm rad will natively fit in the 932 without modding the case. Which is something I'm not particularly interested in doing

Keltron 3030

I don't think a 360mm rad will natively fit in the 932 without modding the case. Which is something I'm not particularly interested in doing

I actually have a 360 rad on the top of my HAF 932, and no modding is required. All you need to do is move the top connectors off the case just so you can screw the rad onto the case.

miggs78

I actually have a 360 rad on the top of my HAF 932, and no modding is required. All you need to do is move the top connectors off the case just so you can screw the rad onto the case.

Actually I don't think you even need to take the connectors off.. the plate that is there has holes for screwing in the screws:

http://techgage.com/reviews/cooler_master/haf_932/cm_haf932_04_thumb.jpg

I was able to fit a triple in mine fine, all the screw holes are provided, only airflow is partly blocked for the third fan is you leave the top panel connectors there.....

Adzsask

My RX360mm RASA kit I picked up from a friend was originally in a HAF932, push/pull fans mounted internally by myself...so I know %100 you can mount a thick 360mm rad plus push/pull 25mm thick fans internally.

Keltron 3030

Actually I don't think you even need to take the connectors off.. the plate that is there has holes for screwing in the screws:

http://techgage.com/reviews/cooler_master/haf_932/cm_haf932_04_thumb.jpg

I was able to fit a triple in mine fine, all the screw holes are provided, only airflow is partly blocked for the third fan is you leave the top panel connectors there.....

You are correct, however, taking the top connectors off makes it a lot easier if you screwdriver does not have a magnetized tip :p

miggs78

You are correct, however, taking the top connectors off makes it a lot easier if you screwdriver does not have a magnetized tip :p

Yes that is true, honestly nowadays 95% of screwdrivers are.. But as long as u get the screw in the hole somehow keeping pressure on the head, ur fine, u can get it in... :thumb:

Latest posts