What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3950X delayed till November

Bond007

I read this today as well. Disappointing for those wanting it yesterday, but probably for the best given they can't even keep up with demand of some of the other CPUs.

JD

Staff member
Launching it alongside Threadripper doesn't really make sense to me either as it seems like people who were waiting for the 3950X might just wait some more for TR to hit retail? Unless it's going to be a huge delay from announcement vs shipping date.

gingerbee

I think TR is going to be a minimum of 24/32 cores I think, I don't really think it's going to mess with 3950x much cause I bet price for those TR cpu will be quite a bit higher. It seems to be a 7nm tsmc production demands are the main issues for the delay
GN was talking about it this morning

JD

Staff member
I think TR is going to be a minimum of 24/32 cores I think
Anyone considering a 16c CPU will likely consider a 24c too. At $750USD for the 3950X, I'm thinking the low end TR would be around $900? Plus you get the added benefit of quad-channel memory, more PCIe lanes, etc. I would think Ryzen 3000 is a bit starved running 16 cores with only dual channel memory.

gingerbee

really you think TR is going to be priced that low I was thinking they would take the opportunity to put the TR price up by quite a bit since what we have seen from Rome I think its called is just killing intel. but this is all just my guess so we will see lol

Latest posts