What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D Printer / CNC discussion thread

lcdguy

Folding Team
definitely depends on budget, but i think creality has some pretty decently priced printers with larger print volumes (CR10 Series, Ender 5 Plus). There are certainly some much larger printers from the likes of modix but they are quite pricey.

danmitch1

definitely depends on budget, but i think creality has some pretty decently priced printers with larger print volumes (CR10 Series, Ender 5 Plus). There are certainly some much larger printers from the likes of modix but they are quite pricey.
Just so happens a certain member has a ender5 plus up for sale here 😉

Mr. Friendly

for those of you out there...this is what I'm interested in getting printed

my friend says you need a resin printer.

if anyone here is game to discuss doing this...please PM me so we can discuss details and remuneration for time and parts.

sswilson

Staff member
I set up a long thin(ish) print diagonally, it's weird watching the printer put the layers down at right angles to the print as opposed to the norm which is diagonally.

Does anybody know if that affects the strength of a part? Strength is not going to matter in this case, but seeing it do that got me wondering if having the interior layers laid out diagonally against the walls has an affect......

lowfat

Staff member
I set up a long thin(ish) print diagonally, it's weird watching the printer put the layers down at right angles to the print as opposed to the norm which is diagonally.

Does anybody know if that affects the strength of a part? Strength is not going to matter in this case, but seeing it do that got me wondering if having the interior layers laid out diagonally against the walls has an affect......
Won't affect strength at all.

danmitch1

for those of you out there...this is what I'm interested in getting printed

my friend says you need a resin printer.

if anyone here is game to discuss doing this...please PM me so we can discuss details and remuneration for time and parts.
I was just taking a look at this and on that link the guy says he used PLA, so it doesnt necessarily need to be on a resin machine.

Latest posts

Twitter