What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D Printer / CNC discussion thread

lcdguy

Folding Team
actually i come across a youtube video of someone replacing it on the same printer as mine a posted his firmware so i used that. Running marlin 2.0.6

Fortuner

Have you made an enclosure for your printer? Keeping the print warm is supposed to help with layer separation on ABS prints.

danmitch1

I havent, I will likely in the future though.

So it seems my heat creep issue was caused by 2 factors. Initially I thought it was only the heatsink fan, but yesterday I had another jam even with that over kill cpu fan I added.

I had my part fan set to 50% when it jammed, set it 0 and it completed the 10+ hour print.

I think the fan shroud was way too high and blowing at the heat block. I might try and re design it to blow downwards more..

Is that " kapton tape " better than the silicone socks for insulating the heat block?

sswilson

Staff member
@sswilson
I would be very interested to know as well. Can you let me know how it goes? A training course would be perfect, but I don't want one that isn't going to be directly useful for my soon-to-be 3D printer.

Quick response to this....

I'm having a hard time slogging through the udemy course I grabbed. I'm going to have to look to see if there's printed resources I should be printing off, but I find the instructor isn't teaching to a "basic" level and moves really fast over stuff he probably assumes folks either know, or possibly that it's similar to other software they're already used to.

With that said... I fully intend to keep at it (when I can get myself motivated) but went ahead and bought the humble bundle in order to get corelcad before it expires. (14 days left)

sswilson

Staff member

Hrmmmmmm :unsure:

danmitch1

Holy crap, is it really necessary to print it in that orientation? I guess strength wise its the best way?

Latest posts

Twitter