What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D Printer / CNC discussion thread

lowfat

Staff member
I really do think that 'auto bed levelling' is a requirement for mostly hassle free printing. I'm not sure what cheaper printers that come with one. I know the Ender 3 Max does, but its like $400USD+ and not out yet.

sswilson

Staff member
Ender 3 V2 @ $350(ish) + a creality BLTouch kit (Sub $100) and you're done. V2 already comes with a 32bit mainboard + silent steppers, it might not be as good of a board as the bigtreetech skr e3, but it's close and it's stock with no fuss.

The BLTouch isn't an absolute requirement (and you should probably learn to use the printer without one first) but at some point you're going to want to grab one.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Before I recognized it was my design I asked why he glued them instead of screwed them. He didn't have a tap. But I guess I should have designed it differently now that I think about it. Should screw in from the mobo side, then just have a captured nut on the backside. That way you don't need to tap the mobo tray.

But I did design it 3+ years ago.
Seems a simple enough edit. Remove the threading...Fini?

lowfat

Staff member
Seems a simple enough edit. Remove the threading...Fini?
Little bit of work since it is 7-8 different models for bunch of different sizes of comb. And honestly it isn't a part I've ever used myself. I've never even test printed them lol.

EDIT: I was going to be a nice guy and do it. But then I opened up Fusion 360 and remembered the 1FPS I get since I can't install the Intel igfx drivers. :eek:

sswilson

Staff member

Well Nancy..... :)

Note the comment on requiring a secondary flat surface (glass, mirror, etc.... ) but that's a relatively affordable way to increase the print surface of an ender 3.

danmitch1

Well Nancy..... :)

Note the comment on requiring a secondary flat surface (glass, mirror, etc.... ) but that's a relatively affordable way to increase the print surface of an ender 3.
Nice, i wonder if the stock heat pad can accommodate the extra added area.

sswilson

Staff member
Nice, i wonder if the stock heat pad can accommodate the extra added area.

That was one of the first things that came to mind for me. At the very least it would probably increase the time required to bring it up to bed temp, but I'd be concerned about the bed temp around the edges being cooler than those closer to the center.