What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D Printer / CNC discussion thread

Bartacus

I'd just get a cheap 12864 screen dude. The LCD died on my Ender 5 Plus and that turned out to be a blessing. Replacing it with the 12864, which is basically the most common screen there is, saved me tons of headache later when it came to custom firmware.

danmitch1

I'd just get a cheap 12864 screen dude. The LCD died on my Ender 5 Plus and that turned out to be a blessing. Replacing it with the 12864, which is basically the most common screen there is, saved me tons of headache later when it came to custom firmware.
I probably will down the line, some fancy color touch screen would be nice. Not sure though, from what Im reading, there isnt much difference between Marlin and reprap, other than that its a bit easier to compile and configure different mods (I didnt really read too far into it though, feel free to correct me on that!). It also has the web UI that I suppose could make for a cleaner setup taking away the need for the Rpi and octoprint.
Id feel bad for my Rpi lol...

danmitch1

It is very tempting after watching a few of those videos. The web interface is pretty nice, I like the height map you get from your probing.
Maybe Santa will buy me a 7" touch screen!

Speaking of accelerometers, how is your setup working?

lowfat

Staff member
TBH I'm only using the Prusa ATM. I just don't have the free time to work on the other printers for a while.

Good chance I'll flash the Prusa to Klipper and also tune it w/ an accelerometer.

danmitch1

But you ultimately got the accelerometer working no? If so, how do you like it, big improvement or?

lowfat

Staff member
It is the biggest improvement in 3d printing in years IMO.

sswilson

Staff member
Ummmm...... using commercially produced Acetone while trying to promote environmentally friendly products???

That said.... yes, I'd love to see local collection points for my PLA leftovers if that would help get it recycled.