What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D Printer / CNC discussion thread

sswilson

Staff member
leftover pla.jpg

What to do with the last little bit of filament from a roll????????

I know.................

racing stripe.jpg

Racing stripe(s)!!!!!!!!!!

edit: And with that little bit of red gone, and the blue that went into the open air case I just printed off, it's time for an order of PLA to replenish my "bright colours" inventory. Definitely need a blue and a red, but a bright yellow might find the occasional use (I still have a bit of that fluorescent green left, but maybe I'll throw some of that and a clear/transparent roll as well.... ).

Last edited:

lowfat

Staff member
Anyone done any sort of tool organizers? Find anything that works well? In process of moving my 'workshop' and an reorganizing tools to make it more efficient. Looking for ways to organize screw drivers, etc. Tried a few screw driver ones and not much look so far.

20211113_135109 (Large).jpg

Anyone know what what the base for these standard bit size is called?

Attachments

• 20211113_135109 (Large).jpg
    20211113_135109 (Large).jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20211113_135236 (Large).jpg
    20211113_135236 (Large).jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 3

sswilson

Staff member
No completely sure what you're looking for wrt the "base".... tap and die handle maybe?

As far as organizing screw drivers is concerned.... if you want them laying flat then tool control foam (with cutouts for the tool) is what always seemed to work best for our military took kits....

If you don't mind upright, then foam for the screwdriver tips with tool shadow tape cutouts behind the handles that make it obvious when one of the screwdrivers is missing.

edit: A tool roll might be another idea for screwdrivers.....

Last edited:

lowfat

Staff member
No completely sure what you're looking for wrt the "base".... tap and die handle maybe?

As far as organizing screw drivers is concerned.... if you want them laying flat then tool control foam (with cutouts for the tool) is what always seemed to work best for our military took kits....

If you don't mind upright, then foam for the screwdriver tips with tool shadow tape cutouts behind the handles that make it obvious when one of the screwdrivers is missing.

edit: A tool roll might be another idea for screwdrivers.....

$225 - $450 isn't exactly in the budget.

20211114_152736 (Large).jpg

20211114_152746 (Large).jpg

Ended up going w/ my own design. Also designed holders for countsinking bits, 1/4" taps, 1/4" nut drivers. Way too much stuff yet to design tho.

danmitch1

I had a pretty weird thing happen yesterday..

I moved my work room around and placed a computer right next to my printer, probably sat 4-5" away from my new wire extensions on the floor. I set up a print and about 10 minutes in I had thermal runaway on E0..

So I reset everything and watched it closely, the temp on the extruder was fluctuating up and down sometimes by 15-20c! I was like wtf now!! Then quick thinking, I was like what changed here, well, the computer that I placed right next to the new extension wires.. yup, moved the pc and everything worked normally again.

So I guess there was some sort of interference from the pc effecting the temperature readings. I suppose It might be a good idea to shield the thermistor wires?

At least now I know that my thermal runaway is working properly!

danmitch1

You sure it isn't just a loose / flaky thermistor?
I didnt investigate further as it printed no problem for 2 hours afterwards. The temperature fluctuations stopped instantly after moving the pc away from the wires with really stable temps as well.

Im pretty convinced it was just that but not a bad idea to check that though.. Ill take a closer look and see its loose. As far as a flaky thermistor goes, is there a way to check to see if its working properly aside from swapping it out for a known working unit?

Latest posts

Twitter