What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D Printer / CNC discussion thread

danmitch1

I am not sure about the feed rate as there is linear interpretation math involved there as its based on the distance between the last point and the new point you are moving to with G0/G1. My guess is it depends on where it thinks it is vs the max speeds allowed and physics.

G92 E0

Then your G1 E100 F1000

Marlin Wiki says M114 should dump the position of all but not 100% sure (not near the printer to check)

Edit: Should add there is a command for setting the max feed rate, so perhaps the software is doing that and ignoring what you are sending. This is M203
Ok great! Ill check this out, thanks.

Bartacus

Oh boy this is such a fun hobby! When changing filament, I noticed something that looked very off. What's wrong with this picture?

My old nemesis, the Z-axis, apparently returns to haunt me. The 'good' side:

The bad side:

And yet the bed appears to be almost level. Urge to kill rising!!!!

danmitch1

Is that a dual z stepper setup? Lowfat mentioned they can get out of sync..

Bartacus

The one that's off was the one I took apart (and the one that was missing 1 of the 4 bolts on the threaded insert when it shipped). That's probably where the problem started, and got worse when I took it apart. Us non-mechanically-inclined folks should really avoid these things.

Bartacus

Just bottom out both The Z axis. Yes, ram it in to the frame. It will sync.
Did that, worked quite well, thanks! I didn't bottom out the springs entirely, since I need room for adjustments. But I dropped it as low as it would go, shut the printer off, then manually wound it down till it smacked the bottom. Then started up the printer, and let it freak out. Now the z-axis look aligned again. After yet another manual re-alignment, things are looking much better.

Bartacus

Looking much better, but I'm still hearing the odd extruder click. I'm going to let this print complete, but I'm wondering if it will make it. I guess I'll see tomorrow morning!

danmitch1

Looking much better, but I'm still hearing the odd extruder click. I'm going to let this print complete, but I'm wondering if it will make it. I guess I'll see tomorrow morning!

Let me guess, petsfang fan duct?
Are you forced to use a brim?

Bartacus

Let me guess, petsfang fan duct?
Are you forced to use a brim?
Was using a raft since the mirrored bed can be quite slick. Print didn't end well though, it curled up BIG time in one spot. Plus the layering looks bad, and the extruder is obviously still a problem.

Dusting on the filament sensor too:

It stuck very well in the 'rear', not so much in the front:

Looks good from afar:

This was the part that lifted the most. Looks like a rough first layer lead to issues later on:

Once I tried to get the print off, but that didn't do too well. This was mostly support material that stuck to the raft, but still a bad sign to me:

Layering looks pretty awful:

This WAS a Hero Me Gen 3 fan shround. I think you're supposed to print this without supports, LOL! So I tried to take the supports off. A few moments later: 🙃

The pieces were VERY brittle, layer problems were obvious.

Now I have no real clue what to do, other than revert back to the stock 3d printed extruder / gears and see if that makes any difference. Or swap the gear wheels out and use old gears with the aluminum pieces. Damn I wish I had left the extruder alone!!!!

Latest posts

Twitter