What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D Printer / CNC discussion thread

danmitch1

Is there such a thing as a quiet compressor anyways (assuming same room and not locked outside or something). They are all annoying as frig.
Yeah, they are very expensive though. Air brush sil-air for example..

Bartacus

Hey, ultra dumb question, this sheet arrived today, and I mistakenly assumed it would be much thicker. Am I intended to stick this thing right to my bare build plate? If I'm questioning that plate, not sure that's a good move right now, LOL! However, I do have a second piece of 3mm thick mirrored glass. Wonder if I can stick it to that, then have a swappable PEI plate? I wonder if it the PEI would get warm enough with the mirrored glass beneath it?

Entz

Yeah .15mm is super thin (that is 6mil ?). I don't see why you couldn't attach it to your glass, it should still hot enough. Is the 468MP attached or separate?

Bartacus

Yeah .15mm is super thin (that is 6mil ?). I don't see why you couldn't attach it to your glass, it should still hot enough. Is the 468MP attached or separate?
It's a peel and stick, single sheet, already ruined it. It's one of those things you need to apply perfectly, without air bubbles. Once it goes down, it's not coming back up without getting ruined. Quickest waste of $30 EVER, LOL.

lowfat

Staff member
It's a peel and stick, single sheet, already ruined it. It's one of those things you need to apply perfectly, without air bubbles. Once it goes down, it's not coming back up without getting ruined. Quickest waste of $30 EVER, LOL.
:(

I actually suggested that thin one w/ the tape preapplied as it was FAR easier than any other I've tried.

Bartacus

:(

I actually suggested that thin one w/ the tape preapplied as it was FAR easier than any other I've tried.
I think it's easy if you do it excruciatingly carefully, and if you have a wide plastic spatula. I got some air bubbles in mine, since I was doing it by hand. My bad all the way, I won't blame the sheet.

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
What's the current status of the sheet? Did you tear it off or is it still on the surface w/ bubbles in it?

If it's still attached.... have you tried a heat gun / blow dryer on it to see if that releases the adhesive enough to pull it up and try to re-apply it?

lowfat

Staff member
What's the current status of the sheet? Did you tear it off or is it still on the surface w/ bubbles in it?

If it's still attached.... have you tried a heat gun / blow dryer on it to see if that releases the adhesive enough to pull it up and try to re-apply it?
The 468MP needs like 180C+ for it to release. You'll likely damage the PEI before that happens. You can release it by throwing it in a freezer for a few hours. Then prying it off. But you'll also probably damage the thin PEI as well.

Bartacus

Well since I appear to be very good at destroying things, I will take extra care with this one. This cost way more than that PEI sheet!

This is no cheap clone:

Latest posts

Twitter