What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D Printer / CNC discussion thread

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
So seeing as we've been home not spending monies on restaurants and booze, I had enough fun money kicking around to buy myself a tablesaw. And what do you need for tablesaws so you keep all your fingertips? Push sticks! I designed one on Fusion 360 tonight, then I cut a couple on my CNC router out of a swollen piece of 3/4 MDF I had kicking around. Still waiting for my MGN rails to come in from Aliexpress so I can start replacing wheels with linear guides.
Push Sticks.jpg

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
A friend of ours is turning 40 on Wednesday. I cut this tonight out of a scrap piece of shelving pine. Designed, cut board all 4 sides on a tablesaw, used my sanding wheel to touch up the edges, stained, put tablesaw away while it dried a bit, mounted on CNC, cut, cleaned up some fuzzies with an exacto blade, and put one coat of clear laquer on it all in 2 hours. One more coat of spraybomb laquer tomorrow and put a mount on the back and I'm done. A bit of glare off my shop light in the picture, sorry. It was a fun little project. Next time I think I'll go pick up some maple shorts from the local Windsor, pine is too soft and tears out too easily. I also want to try some transfer tape masking so I can do colored letters easily. Oh, it's 11 x 22" or about 28 x 56 cm.

Kerrie's 30s RIP.jpg

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
It did ok for a last-minute gag gift. I'll use hardwood for my next project, for sure. What I was really happy about was how nice the cuts came out on my tablesaw with a cheapo 80 tooth blade. I actually could have skipped the sanding.

danmitch1

Hey guys, long time no post.. hope everyone is doing well.
Just wanted to share my controller box project with you all.
The goal was to create an enclosure for quieter fans, and it was mostly a success aside the back grill was mismeasured.. had to hot glue one side of it on lol..

danmitch1

And while I have your attention. I want to upgade to a direct drive extruder and had my eyes on this
and this .. Im guessing I need to print the mount for it?

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Hey guys, long time no post.. hope everyone is doing well.
Just wanted to share my controller box project with you all.
The goal was to create an enclosure for quieter fans, and it was mostly a success aside the back grill was mismeasured.. had to hot glue one side of it on lol..

That's quite the project! Looks Great!

lcdguy

Folding Team
And while I have your attention. I want to upgade to a direct drive extruder and had my eyes on this
and this .. Im guessing I need to print the mount for it?
Bond tech's are great. Out of curiosity what printer are you running as bondtech has a new direct drive extruder setup for some of creality's printers.

Latest posts

Twitter