What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D Printer / CNC discussion thread

danmitch1

i was thinking of the ddx one.
Im leaning towards it actually.. they say you need the mount kit for your specific hot end etc but its a 3d printed part! Im guessing I could just make my own mount right?

lowfat

Staff member
You could always try to design one yourself. Or modify someone else's design for v-slot mounts.

I use a Bondtech BMG, but printed. My printer already have drive gears, so I just ordered cheap 3:1 gears from China, since you can't buy real Bondtech ones in Canada, at least you couldn't.
Had blades starting to fall off my Nidec fan on my Prusa. So I installed a new Delta today. Installed a connector to make it easier in the future.
hkaC2Ta.jpg

Swapped the PSU over to a Mean Well. It was only a matter of time before the Chinese one failed due to the fact that my ambient temp is 45C when printing.
A6vYJ7X.jpg

I based mine off of this one. Which is mostly just a clone of the actual SLS-printed BMG MK3S design.

lcdguy

Folding Team
i guess technically, though i'm lazy and would probably just buy the part, also the bondtech 3d printed parts are SLA printed and are pretty nice but up to you :)

Also i think creality has a dual gear extruder. Maybe something like this would be compatible ?

lowfat

Staff member
i guess technically, though i'm lazy and would probably just buy the part, also the bondtech 3d printed parts are SLA printed and are pretty nice but up to you :)

Also i think creality has a dual gear extruder.
Except Bondtech doesn't design any for Volcanos. Although at this point I wouldn't buy an E3D hotend. The Mosquito clone, the 'Dragon' by Phaetus is such a better design it ain't even funny.

lcdguy

Folding Team
though just came across this might have make one for my ender 5 plus :)

Entz

Also i think creality has a dual gear extruder. Maybe something like this would be compatible ?

Is that the wrong picture for that part. That looks the same as the Amazon ones a few of us run at a massively lower price.

danmitch1

You could always try to design one yourself. Or modify someone else's design for v-slot mounts.

I use a Bondtech BMG, but printed. My printer already have drive gears, so I just ordered cheap 3:1 gears from China, since you can't buy real Bondtech ones in Canada, at least you couldn't.

I based mine off of this one. Which is mostly just a clone of the actual SLS-printed BMG MK3S design.
Nice! Im guessing it works good too eh.

Would it be easier if I bought a known hotend? instead of trying to match what ever creality installed on mine?

Entz

My 2c .. If your going to go to all the trouble of replacing all the bits on the carriage with a DDX you might as well upgrade the hot end at the same time. Do the work once not twice. Because murphy's law says you will do the DDX then a week later realize you want better flow or change to certain materials and boom you taking it all apart again :D

Latest posts