What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D Printer / CNC discussion thread

Entz

Wow that’s crazy. Are the magnets in the corner or all over? A brim maybe to spread out the pull?

lowfat

Staff member
Wow that’s crazy. Are the magnets in the corner or all over? A brim maybe to spread out the pull?

Magnets are all over. It does a really good job @ keeping the steel sheet in place. There is a small brim but on the outside of the brim there is a 1.3mm wide skirt/wall. Which has always help w/ preventing warping for me in the past.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
So I've finally got into making some signs instead of carving hunks of aluminum. I'm really happy with how this and the other piece turned out. A simple piece of shelving pine from HD, a bit of leftover Minwax, a ridiculously short time on the router (about 10 minutes including the bit change and 7 passes around the outside to cut it out) and voila!

Sugar shop sign.jpg
I still have to do a quick pass on the sanding wheel and stain the outside edge but I'm really happy with how the v-carving went. I've got another piece to show that's more complicated, but that will have to wait until after October 25th (wedding date).

Lpfan4ever

So I've realized that most likely I'm SOL but figured I'd post anyways. I've borrowed an Ender 2 from a friend and the print bed is warped. It also won't heat the bed past ~65C, which can be worked around as I'm not printing ABS, but it sure is annoying. I can't seem to find any replacements anywhere and with the heating issue I'm hesitant about going with a glass plate.

Does anybody know where I can source them or should I just hand it back and go about finding a new printer? My budget would be low for a new one, so some suggestions on the lower end would be appreciated. I've gotten good results out of this Ender 2 so I'm sure just about anything would be an upgrade.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Had enough of that bowden tube disconnecting at the extruder, so goodbye tube and hello direct drive. 40$ for the basic kit over at Aliexpress, since I already had the bmg extruder on hand.

Calibration is tomorrow night.

IMG_20200126_155404.jpg
IMG_20200127_170733.jpg

sswilson

Staff member
I mostly missed this thread when I started the one under peripherals. apologies. (I'll have to go through this one again... I've browsed it while posts were being made, but without a printer on hand it was mostly over my head..... :) ).

Latest posts