What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D Printer / CNC discussion thread

lowfat

Staff member
Also , printing via USB may result in poor quality prints (apparently)

Use the highest bitrate possible on the board. Slow outer walls to 45 mm/s. Otherwise it won't do anything at all. Its the serial connection that is the limitation. Curves are very demanding since the motors need to change speed so many times. As walls are the only point you'll generally be printing a curve, just slow them down.

Bartacus

It didnt come with the meanwell psu?? Why do you need to upgrade the screen, isnt it already upgraded?
Also , printing via USB may result in poor quality prints (apparently)
Nope, only the Ender Pro models come with Meanwells I think, I know the Ender 3 Pro does. But there is no 'pro' version of the 5 plus, so I'm building my own. :cool: Even though my PSU works, I've seen a tear-down video, and I did NOT like what I saw (cheap ass PCB, awful soldering, etc). Plus the fan in that cheap thing rivals my Dyson vacuum for noise levels. LCD screen upgrade was just because I like modding things, and apparently the new screen offers more functionality.

sswilson

Staff member
IMO you shouldn't ever have to adjust the bed level ever after initially doing so. Remove any springs and double nut the screw so they can't move after leveling. Relevelling every few prints :oops:? I would have thrown my printer in the trash if I had to this. Even if the bed warps under heating/cooling, leveling the bed won't really fix this. That is what the mesh leveling is for.

Replacing the glass w/ PEI?

Unfortunately it's not quite as simple as that.... the ender models have a plastic "guide" for the heater wires at the Left/aft corner that would need to be adjusted for (with an appropriate length spacer) on the other 3 corners . It's doable, but not completely practical.

I'm also not at the point where doing a "mesh" is possible yet... that won't happen until I get the replacement mainboard in.

edit: Hrmmmmm..... If I can track down one of the aluminum spacers I used to have kicking around here I could use that on the heater wire "guide" and then just adjust the other three accordingly with nuts.......

Last edited:

danmitch1

Nope, only the Ender Pro models come with Meanwells I think, I know the Ender 3 Pro does. But there is no 'pro' version of the 5 plus, so I'm building my own. :cool: Even though my PSU works, I've seen a tear-down video, and I did NOT like what I saw (cheap ass PCB, awful soldering, etc). Plus the fan in that cheap thing rivals my Dyson vacuum for noise levels. LCD screen upgrade was just because I like modding things, and apparently the new screen offers more functionality.
Hmm, makes me wonder if ive got the meanswell psu in mine. Yup, i noticed the psu fan was noisy too after changing my hotend fan to a noctua.

lowfat

Staff member
Mean Well won't be quiet. I have 5 of their PSUs. They are crazy loud. Even w/ just a 50% load the fans at full speed.

What kind of screen did you get?

Bartacus

Mean Well won't be quiet. I have 5 of their PSUs. They are crazy loud. Even w/ just a 50% load the fans at full speed.

What kind of screen did you get?
This one:

danmitch1

Well it would be more the reliability and heat consistency that I would want it. I guess you could change out the fan for a quieter one

danmitch1

This one:

Wait, isnt the stock screen a touch screen? What is better about this one

Latest posts