What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D Printer / CNC discussion thread

lcdguy

Folding Team
yeah, i've been wanting to try it out since it was released. When it work's it's black magic, when it doesn't well... let's just say it's a good thing there are no hammers within arms reach of the printer. :)

Calibration and accurate filament diameter are so critical with it.

danmitch1

I bet! Too bad that support filament is so expensive, i might consider it if not.

lcdguy

Folding Team
yeah, haven't tried soluble filament yet, it was more for multi color, or an autoloader (it supports a feature called spool join, that would just move to the next spool when it runs out on the first one.) figured it would be useful if i ended up printing more ppe.

Yeah the filament sensor on the extruder needs to be calibrated perfectly otherwise it might think the filament might not have loaded correctly and keep trying. If it fails to load too many times then it pauses the print until it's resolved by a human :)

Also too much friction in the filament path could also cause issues. Took me 2 days to get it calibrated.

I also read somewhere that MMU support was added to marlin so not sure if it could be made to work on non-prusa printers using a MMU2S clone.

lowfat

Staff member
Holy sh*t , 3 days! Im guessing on multiple machines right?
And that titanium throat, what are the advantages?
Just one printer. Can easily go through a kg a day w/ a Volcano.

Titanium heatbreak is a lot stronger than steel. It's really easy to break the stock e3d heatbreak during a nozzle change. Plus plus titanium isn't as thermally conductive, so less heat creep.

danmitch1

@lcdguy That does sound convenient for sure, I never thought of that angle, to have a continuous feed of filament. Hopefully you dont have to calibrate it too often eh lol

@lowfat Thats crazy, must be printing mighty fast! Im gonna have to try tuning mine for speed then and see what the "high flow" dragon can do!

lowfat

Staff member
@lcdguy That does sound convenient for sure, I never thought of that angle, to have a continuous feed of filament. Hopefully you dont have to calibrate it too often eh lol

@lowfat Thats crazy, must be printing mighty fast! Im gonna have to try tuning mine for speed then and see what the "high flow" dragon can do!
Watch the vid i posted on the last page. Will easily be able to find out the limits of what the printer can do.

lowfat

Staff member
New upgrades on printer are working great. Surface finish is the best I've ever had on a printer.
KjsUw3Z.jpg

Latest posts