What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D Printer / CNC discussion thread

lcdguy

Folding Team
maybe double check that the fan configuration in marlin matches up with the fan ports on board (ie: they haven't gotten flipped or something like that) ?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
anyone know a place that can 3D print 5.25 bay covers for certain cases? not to ken on paying $90 shipping + $40 for 2 5.25 proprietary bay covers.

sswilson

Staff member
anyone know a place that can 3D print 5.25 bay covers for certain cases? not to ken on paying $90 shipping + $40 for 2 5.25 proprietary bay covers.

The first step would be to search thingiverse to see if there are already some pre-made designs. Printing isn't all that expensive (unless you charge by the hour), designing is.

lcdguy

Folding Team
another option would be to call a local system builder (if you have one) and see if they have any lying around they could sell you :) Or perhaps you can convince some person here to print them for you once you find a design that will fit :)

danmitch1

maybe double check that the fan configuration in marlin matches up with the fan ports on board (ie: they haven't gotten flipped or something like that) ?
I double checked and everything is as it should be. All I changed was the wiring and its a simple 2 wire fan. Nothing in the firmware was changed besides my mount probe offset and bed size.

Im reading its a common issue with this board, the fan mosfet either burns out on 100% or 0%, seems mine was burnt on 100%...

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Found a few People on thingverse who made cooler Master peices asking them if they have made the drive bays also found a company in Canada that'll donut but they need a file. Just found out my S20 Ultra can make a 3D scan.

sswilson

Staff member
I've got a few meters of PLA left on a roll that has gone brittle. Not enough to worry about just throwing it out, but enough to see what folks are talking about when they say PLA filament has gone brittle. It would be impossible to get it threaded into the extruder even if I thought it might survive the printing process.

danmitch1

Doesnt that mean it was exposed to moisture for too long? maybe try the oven trick first?

Izerous

Folding Team
Made a sign for a friend's cabin as a thank you for giving me a bunch of leftover birch plywood for projects. The letter color is Hunter Green even though it looks black here, made from a 24" piece of maple.

As much as I want a 3d printer play play with, a CNC router capable of that kind of work or a CNC laser burner/cutter/etcher is something I would get significantly more use out of. What are you using and are you happy with it, something different you would suggest instead?

Latest posts