What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D Printer / CNC discussion thread

danmitch1

I find hollowing out angled or curved walls very challenging.. its really easy to build the outer walls but then your like, crap now i need a smaller version of this on the inside and just scaling down uniformly does not work.

Btw, creality just emailed me this

I didnt know it was available for purchase!

Core xy?

1621088833844.png

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Looks pretty cool!

First failed print.jpg

And yep!!!! I'm going to let it complete the print so that I can check the overall measurements, but having that angled area come in at a single line width just ain't gonna cut it.... :)

lowfat

Staff member
I find hollowing out angled or curved walls very challenging.. its really easy to build the outer walls but then your like, crap now i need a smaller version of this on the inside and just scaling down uniformly does not work.

Btw, creality just emailed me this

I didnt know it was available for purchase!

Core xy?

View attachment 31420
I knew it was out but didn't know it was so damned expensive. Unless you regularily print extremely long parts I'd avoid it. It is going to be a real hassle.

lowfat

Staff member
Sigh. I swear every time I work on a printer something goes wrong.

Pulled the ol' MP Mini out to finally get it working after 2+ years. Write up the klipper config. Install Klipper on Pi. Flash the printer control board for Klipper. Board won't show up as a usb device on the Pi. Pull out another board, same model. Flash it for Klipper, shows up on usb no problem. So somehow USB died on the board, although it was working when I used it last.

Small problem tho. A few years ago I hooked up power to the spare board backwards in the past and blew the onboard fuse. It isn't user replaceable so I soldered on an automotive fuse, but had to use tiny wire. So I don't trust it unless using an external bed mosfet, which this can't do due to space.

Now I do have 1 more of this board. But I was going to use it in my tool changer printer. And I'm not willing to use the ghetto fused board in that machine. I do have an SKR 1.4 Turbo that I was going to use for another printer. But I guess I can use it for the tool changer. But I already printed the electronics enclosure for that printer. :(

sswilson

Staff member

Hopefully third time's the charm. :)

Cleaned it up overall (and joined the tab(s) that weren't attached in the last version :) ), raised the overall height to increase the slope angle in the hopes that would present less airflow restriction, and widened the 120mm pads.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this one is the keeper... :)

lowfat

Staff member
@lowfat is it possible Klipper isn't compatible with all boards?
Definitely compatible. All 3 boards are identical. I pulled the board from my tool changer and it works fine.

Finally got the PT100 hotend sensor to work. Had to make a voltage divider to drop it to 3.3V. First one I made came out @ 3.1V and it read 5C @ room temp. This is good tho.
D0dKbSH.jpg

sswilson

Staff member
@sswilson looks great, have you printed it?

I'm printing it as we speak. I haven't bothered trying to incorporate the holes, I'll just mark and drill once it's complete, but I may take a fit and see if I can find a 120mm hole template that I can just drop the whole project onto for the finished/published model. (I doubt I want to incorporate the holes on the case side as that's going to depend on how you line it up).

Fan(s) and PWM splitter should be arriving over the next hour, so I'll have all the bits to complete the project later this evening/tomorrow.

Last edited:

Latest posts