What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D Printer / CNC discussion thread

lowfat

Staff member
The Energetic build plates are straight up amazing. PETG, PLA, PC-ABS all stick fastastic. Did an 11 hour PC-ABS print (not the one pictured) and had zero warping.

U2nRykR.jpg

Izerous

Folding Team
I have had mixed results with the PEI coated triangle labs plates but I think I need to tweak my bed temperatures.

lowfat

Staff member
Ordered some new stuff for the printers. Ordered 3 CNCKitchen Bondtech CHT to Volcano adapters for some ultimate high flow printing. Also ordered his heat set tools.

Then ordered 3 x Bondtech CHT 0.4mm nozzles for all my printers.

EDIT: Also ordered another Energetic textured flex bed kit. Thankfully they sell a 200x300 one.

lowfat

Staff member
Installed the CNCKitchen Volcano adapter and one of the Bondtech CHT nozzles in the Prusa. This is my first test @ 350mm/s. I may be able to take it higher as it looks absolutely perfect.

EDIT: Ended up being able to do 40mm³/s, which is pretty damn insane. For example a stock Ender 3 hot end can do about 8mm³/s to 12mm³/s.

Last edited:

Bartacus

Yup I just watched that, Simon is a serious maniac. His pursuit of raw speed is incredibly impressive. Now just imagine that speed on a printer that WASN'T bolted to the studs of your house. :cool:

lowfat

Staff member
Yup I just watched that, Simon is a serious maniac. His pursuit of raw speed is incredibly impressive. Now just imagine that speed on a printer that WASN'T bolted to the studs of your house. :cool:
It is still stupid impressive. His last printer was also bolted to the wall and it wasn't near this stable.

Latest posts