That setting is really only for the extruder to compensate for slight variances in material diameter or material (assuming your temp is spot on).That said... I don't see how changing the flow rate would be able to adjust for calibration of X/Y steppers.....
I would grab the Ender 3 calibration gcode file and use that. You may be running into a bed level issue or your Z-Stop moved a bit (mine was loose when I got my printer) or maybe not set quite right.Just need to butt in for a sec.
Last night I tried doing the 20mm cube test method suggested and couldnt get my first layer to stick still.
I havent tried adjusting the extruder yet because when trying to print a file that worked a few days ago ( the maze that came with the printer)
I noticed on the home page that when printing the z axis was at 0.3 when I can remember it being at 0.1 when it worked. I didnt reslice the file with a higher layer height either.
I have a feeling I messed something up during calibration.
Am I doing the calibration correctly ?
1- Press auto home
2- Dissable steppers
3- Move the bed to each adjustment point and slide a piece of regular paper so that there is a little bit of friction.
4- Move to the center and check it, re adjust again if needed.
After this, is there anything I need to do? Sometimes the xyz are flashing 0 as if it doesn't know where the positions are
Do I need to press auto home again or set home offsets?
Sorry for butting in !
Ahha, Ill look to see if that was included on the flash disk that came with the printer. Ill also have to check that z switch too, didnt think of that. I only adjusted it once when I installed the glass.I would grab the Ender 3 calibration gcode file and use that. You may be running into a bed level issue or your Z-Stop moved a bit (mine was loose when I got my printer) or maybe not set quite right.
You don't want to disable the steppers IMO.
Not sure what flashing means, other than maybe it hit the end stops. I will defer to the OG Ender 3 people
Sooo , i tried the gcode you linked to and had this baby dialed in perfectly and still no go. As soon as it starts printing its too high. I even resliced a the test file to .05 layer thickness and same problem.
That's the print I use when leveling. It will move the head to the 4 corners and pauses at each corner until you hit the printer's control button to resume. (It's a dry print... it doesn't extrude any filament).
I had started out with Chep's code, but it's got some kind of bug that causes it to move extremely slowly from time to time.
I've copied the gcode to the root of my printer's SD card and run it from there once I've let the bed heat up for a minimum of 10 minutes.
edit: I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to be paying close attention to these settings once I get the new board in and need to set it up.