What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D Printer Essentials? (Or maybe better named as "Adventures in Newb 3D Printing" )

danmitch1

Holy crap , you are patient! I would have said fk it after the first attempt and just bought it locally. Your patience will be rewarded!

sswilson

Staff member
Heh.... well it was all one thing after another.....

First it was ordered a week (or so) before Chinese new year so when it didn't ship prior to that it was going to be a minimum of 1 week before anybody had a chance to look at the order. Then of course the Chinese new year got extended due to the Covid lockdown(s), and once those lockdowns were lifted I got notification that it had shipped, but the tracking they gave me never worked so I'm not sure if it was bogus or just happened to get lost in the initial wave of shipments after the lockdown was lifted.

It's all good though.... I've got another one on the way and the tracking on it is at least proceeding as expected. :)

Edit: It was also only $36 in the midst of a global pandemic that's disrupted pretty much every supply chain on the planet so I wasn't freaking out over whether or not it was fulfilled. In the end, I won't be surprised if I end up with two of them for the price of one.

sswilson

Staff member
Refund showed up on my CC. Good to know that the refund system works, but it's still very much slanted towards the manufacturer. Now to see if I get one or two of these in the mail.... :)

sswilson

Staff member
My DiL just bought a DSLR and was looking into how to use it in place of her web cam so I figured she could probably use a small portable tripod for her desk/table....

Tripod printing.jpg

Tripod Mobile adapter.jpg

Tripod complete no phone.jpg

Tripod complete phone.jpg

Not a bad little project, and he's got an add-on mod for creating a mobile phone mount for it that just slides onto the mounting plate.

She's already got hers (I had an old tripod screw kicking around that I used) in use, but I printed one off for myself and am waiting for a slow-boat shipment of tripod screws to come in. I did try hers with my own dslr and while I don't think I'd want to use it out in public where somebody might tip it over by accident, it's suprisingly stable.

sswilson

Staff member
Holy crap , you are patient! I would have said fk it after the first attempt and just bought it locally. Your patience will be rewarded!
Heh.... well it was all one thing after another.....

First it was ordered a week (or so) before Chinese new year so when it didn't ship prior to that it was going to be a minimum of 1 week before anybody had a chance to look at the order. Then of course the Chinese new year got extended due to the Covid lockdown(s), and once those lockdowns were lifted I got notification that it had shipped, but the tracking they gave me never worked so I'm not sure if it was bogus or just happened to get lost in the initial wave of shipments after the lockdown was lifted.

It's all good though.... I've got another one on the way and the tracking on it is at least proceeding as expected. :)

Edit: It was also only $36 in the midst of a global pandemic that's disrupted pretty much every supply chain on the planet so I wasn't freaking out over whether or not it was fulfilled. In the end, I won't be surprised if I end up with two of them for the price of one.

Refund showed up on my CC. Good to know that the refund system works, but it's still very much slanted towards the manufacturer. Now to see if I get one or two of these in the mail.... :)

Heh......

country of origin.JPG

Still ongoing, and I was starting to think that I'd have to file another claim as it just didn't seem to be moving past the "departed country of origin" step, but as of yesterday it's claiming to have hit Canada (and I'm assuming Canada Post).

sswilson

Staff member
I'm starting to think that the original one may never arrive (I got my money back on that one already). This one is 3 weeks shy of 90 days from when the order was placed.

I'm glad the original board seems to be working well for me and that I didn't wait until the new board came in before ordering a BLtouch for it. :)

danmitch1

Heh......

View attachment 29074

Still ongoing, and I was starting to think that I'd have to file another claim as it just didn't seem to be moving past the "departed country of origin" step, but as of yesterday it's claiming to have hit Canada (and I'm assuming Canada Post).
Have you tried popping that tracking number into canada post tracking website?

sswilson

Staff member
I never even thought to do that.... I didn't think the tracking carried over from China to here... but yeah it came up... :)

CP Tracking.JPG

There might actually be a light at the end of the tunnel.... :)

danmitch1

There you go! yeah I found that out a little while ago that regular mail parcels get transferred to Canada post once they hit customs.. Good luck!

Latest posts