What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D printing pics

sswilson

Staff member
Since we've got a dedicated sub-folder, might as well have a dedicated thread for pics of your printers or your latest creation.

sswilson

Staff member
assembled round.jpg

Took a fair bit of fiddling around to get vase/spiral printing to work on this particular print (20mm cartridge casing), but turned out pretty good in the end. The stand was fairly easy to create once I had an idea of distances between the cradles.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Heh... you don't find 20mm TP round projectiles at the range so no stat dec involved at all. Besides which, there is neither a live round, nor an empty casing in that picture... :)

We physically checked 1M+ individual rounds for loose projectiles during '88 - '90 and the disposal instructions were to separate the projectile from the casing, pour out the propellant for burning and then make the initiator/primer "go away". (The inspection didn't involve any of the explosive projectile rounds but if it had, those would have been made to "go away" in a similar fashion as the primers).

danmitch1

I missed something here, you had the original projectile and printed the shell? Pretty cool!

sswilson

Staff member
I missed something here, you had the original projectile and printed the shell? Pretty cool!

Yeah.

My better half didn't like the barbell style base so I've remodeled the base as a full rectangle and am currently printing it off.

edit: and on a related note, I'm surprised at how big a difference dropping 5c off of the nozzle temp seems to have made to the quality of the print with this particular filament. I wasn't sure I wanted to try dropping down below 200c, but 195c seems to be providing a much cleaner top surface layer.

Last edited:

lowfat

Staff member
The modded Prusa MK3S and the 'Monster Mini' in the enclosure. Mini is mechanically completed but I haven't started on the FW yet. Should be able to print up to 360C hotend / 145 bed tho.
20200919_183856 (Large).jpg

20200919_183912 (Large).jpg

The 'Hypercuboid' which I've never used besides test prints lol. Going to make some changes to it after I finish building my PC. Swap out the MKS SBase 1.3 for the SKR Mini or the SKR Pro 1.4. SKR Pro would allow me to use Reprap Firmware. The printer is ridiculously loud and since it isn't in an enclosure it carries through the house. And I have the hardware to build at least 2 more printers. :eek:
20200919_183926 (Large).jpg

sswilson

Staff member
The modded Prusa MK3S and the 'Monster Mini' in the enclosure. Mini is mechanically completed but I haven't started on the FW yet. Should be able to print up to 360C hotend / 145 bed tho.

The 'Hypercuboid' which I've never used besides test prints lol. Going to make some changes to it after I finish building my PC. Swap out the MKS SBase 1.3 for the SKR Mini or the SKR Pro 1.4. SKR Pro would allow me to use Reprap Firmware. The printer is ridiculously loud and since it isn't in an enclosure it carries through the house. And I have the hardware to build at least 2 more printers. :eek:

You're modding your mini to do 360c nozzle / 145c bed? WTH filament needs those kinds of temps????