What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D printing pics

lowfat

Staff member
You're modding your mini to do 360c nozzle / 145c bed? WTH filament needs those kinds of temps????
Those are barely the minimums of printing PEI. I want to print some of the hotend parts out of it and possible headlight stuff out of it in the future.

danmitch1

Love the enclosure, i see you use a filament dryer, does it work well? Ive been thinking of getting one.
What kind of hotend are you using to reach those temps lowfat?

lowfat

Staff member
Love the enclosure, i see you use a filament dryer, does it work well? Ive been thinking of getting one.
What kind of hotend are you using to reach those temps lowfat?
It is just a cheap food dehydrator. It doesn't get used all that often. I'll print nylons directly from it and that makes a massive difference w/ PA6 nylon. I tried printing some PA12 nylon last week and it was a disaster. 8 hours in the dehydrator made zero difference, I'm going to try it again today. Otherwise I'll only use it for really old materials I rarely print.

Hotend is an E3D V6 + 50w heater + an amplified PT1000 sensor. I've used the same setup in older printers and it would top out around 375W.

sswilson

Staff member
Front First batch.jpg

Front Bullseye Closup.jpg

Current status on my Ender 3. Biggest changes since I last posted pics would be that I'm finally rocking the bullseye now that I've got the ability to input BLTouch offsets without having to muck about with mixing my own firmware. The other change is the use of relatively heavy tiles on foam in an attempt to isolate stepper noise, but now that I've got the SKR Mini E3 w/ silent stepper drivers that's mostly moot.

Rear Full Height.jpg

Rear Closer.jpg

Quick view of the rear. Only difference there is the addition of the two X-Axis wire guides which is intended to decouple the bowden tube from the wiring harness.

Double Nut Print Bed fixed corner.jpg

Double Nut Print Bed Adjustable corner.jpg

As per lowfat's recommendation, I've double nutted my bed so that it's fixed and I haven't had to look at the level in ages!

OctoprintView.JPG

And just for S&Gs, that's what I get to see in Octoprint. :)

danmitch1

Im thinking of removing the leveling knobs all together, gain some un needed z volume ..

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Merry Christmas.jpg

Last edited:

danmitch1

let me know if you want any custom text in what ever font.. I can send you the STL

lowfat

Staff member
I swear half of what I print is for device / cable management.

JM1mSZg.jpg

ks7v2iY.jpg

Latest posts