What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

460 or 6850 or?

bvsbutthd101

you say your buying used, I would say go for EVGA because of there outstanding customer service and warrenty, but if your buying used you won't get the lifetime warrenty. There customer service is definitely worth it though.

Borg

Banned
you say your buying used, I would say go for EVGA because of there outstanding customer service and warrenty, but if your buying used you won't get the lifetime warrenty. There customer service is definitely worth it though.
The 01G-P3-1372-AR card is the lifetime warranty one and it's $160 after rebate. But, that's getting expensive for this type of card, right?

Plus more money I'd have to save... not sure it's worth it. If I'm buying used, I'm taking a risk anyway since I get no warranty and I think it's only XFX that has a transferable one. :blarg:

Edit: If you get an EVGA card w/ lifetime warranty and it dies sometime later, does EVGA give you a new card (equivalent generation) or what?

GT7R

For AMD cards - November\December, as for Nvidia... no one knows... but not before x-mas for sure :(

techman95

AMD is the only one thats releasing before x-mas, nvidia is supposed to be after febuary the last i heard.

BVickery

Ok, I think the used 460 1GB on here is sold.

So, my next options is a 460 1gb on rfd but the brand is MSI. Is that worth pursuing (providing it's not sold)? I'm not sure about that site, though. Anyway, I think they were asking $100-$110 but I don't want to go over $100 w/ shipping on a used card.

There's a Zotac 560 on newegg with a coupon to get it to $130 which is over my budget but at least it's new. I guess I could raise the funds if the coupon doesn't expire beforehand... Also, I am not sure about the Zotac brand.

I figure EVGA and Asus are the brands to get unless the others are cheaper. Right?

Blah.... hate being short $40! :angry2:

Don't know about the 460 MSI's, but the 500 series and 6800/6900 series chipsets by MSI have been pretty good. The 560 Ti by them is supposed to be amazing (the one I'm saving up for).

Borg

Banned
Thing is I was going to sell my 7950 GT on ebay to get $20 or so to help pay for the 460 card. :) If new, I have to find more funds... :-/

Edit: Maybe, I'll put more stuff on ebay.... these 460 cards seem to go quick for $90. I have enough but I have to deposit some $$ in my bank. But, I think $60 more and I can get a new card with a lifetime warranty.

I am not sure how much stock to put in one considering what happened to BFG, though. But, for $60 or so more, as long as they don't go belly up within 5 yrs, maybe it's worth it?

Borg

Banned
^^i think you just got a bad one :blarg: ,but any ways a 6850 will beat a 460 and if and i say if you get one with a good cooler than they rock so dont do the original xfx cards try for the duel fan or go with an asus or saphire
Maybe I'm just needing a coffee or something but which card are you talking about? :) 460 or 6850?

460 1GB for all the reasons above :)
For $100, though?

my 460 is MSI cyclone and I love it. Keeps the card extremely cool. HWC review of 460 768 mb cyclone
Hey Bond, the used 460 1gb card for sale I'm looking at is a MSI Cyclone.

I'm just trying to decide whether it's a good deal for $100.

This is v.s. 560 1gb for $150/$160 and 560Ti for????? Maybe $200?

I have the $100 now, technically, so I have to either commit to moving on this or save up for one of the other cards.

Any advice here? :)

Not sure what the value of a used 460 1gb should really be. Am I relatively safe buying a used video card? I know they get bought and sold around here a lot but I believe this is one of the hardware components that has the most potential for problems especially if card owners were messing around with voltages and overclocking.

I do like having something that is lower powered/lower temps.... the 560 is awfully tempting but I'm trying to buy a 'new' system and need to sell some stuff to get there, unfortunately.

I was also wondering what the value of 460 cards would be in, say, 6 months. I could sell the 460 on ebay if I wanted to move to a 560/Ti?

ughhhhhh.... I can't decide! Crap! ;-)

'Bumped in the hope to receive more feedback/advice! :)

Latest posts