What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

4gb but only detecting 2 gb

bvsbutthd101

4 gb of Corsair Dominator 1600 mhz ram

When I overclock my cpu it automatically overclocks my ram. I adjusted the voltages for the ram but when I open my control panel and look in system settings, it says I have 4 gb but 1.99 gb is usable, when I run the system rating tool, the score went from 7.5 to 5.5, this only happens when I overclock my cpu

any reason for this?

ZZLEE

Are you using Win 7 64 bit, 2 2gb sticks, or 4 1BG sticks ?

If its 4 1GB sticks your better with 3 sticks in 3 slots.

If its 2 2GB sticks its a tripple channel isue. That moutherbord preferrs 3 or 6 slots filled but fore Overclocking 3 slots. Look in the moutherbord manuel fore the right slots to populate.

You pobably want to get a 3 2GB tripple channel set fore that board. :)

bvsbutthd101

Are you using Win 7 64 bit, 2 2gb sticks, or 4 1BG sticks ?

If its 4 1GB sticks your better with 3 sticks in 3 slots.

If its 2 2GB sticks its a tripple channel isue. That moutherbord preferrs 3 or 6 slots filled but fore Overclocking 3 slots. Look in the moutherbord manuel fore the right slots to populate.

You pobably want to get a 3 2GB tripple channel set fore that board. :)

Well the only reason for why I got 4 gb and not 6, is because I was on a very tight budget, getting this hardware was last second. In the future I'm definitely getting 6 gb, But I'll try underclocking the ram

Last edited: