What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

4k TV choices

Vittra

I thought the big differences between B, C and E were the speaker setup mostly, along with slightly different stands. Panels and processing were/are the same.
B8/C8 are the same thing for 2018.

For 2019 the B9 has the B8 chip, while the C9 has the newer chip shared with the higher end models.

lowfat

Staff member
Anyone w/ experience using an OLED tv for a desktop computer? I'm seriously considering a 55" C9 for a desktop display. From a bit of research it sounds like permanent burn-in can be avoided. Especially if I take precautions to avoid static images like the task bar, backgrounds, etc.

clshades

Anyone w/ experience using an OLED tv for a desktop computer? I'm seriously considering a 55" C9 for a desktop display. From a bit of research it sounds like permanent burn-in can be avoided. Especially if I take precautions to avoid static images like the task bar, backgrounds, etc.
From what I've read you'd need a tv that has pixel shift.

FreeKnight

I've done it with both my 55' and 65'. Mostly gaming and streaming video, but there's been some light browsing and other work. Zero issues at all so far, I've had pixel shift enabled, usually remember to minimize the toolbar and I have W10's backgrounds that change every 5 minutes or so IIRC.

Not a drop of burn in on either. The picture's so nice I actually prefer it over my Alienware Gsync 21:9 even if that's a bit smoother sometimes.

clshades

Ok after more reading and eyes bleeding I've finally decided on the LG B9 from this year. Bang for buck it's the best OLED going. Gonna wait until boxing day (ish) for a sale.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Last edited:
Reactions: JD