What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

550ti Sli BF3.

Pedwar

I'm currently running an AMD 8150 at 4.15Ghz on an ASUS Sabertooth 990FX mobo with 4 GB of RAM with 2 550Ti's in SLI. I'm pretty sure this is enough to run it on ultra right? Thing is, the game has got some serious occassional stuttering when using both cards, but not when I'm using 1. Any idea how to fix this issue? It's not the RAM is it? Or does the 8-core create some complications? Any help?

JMHC

This is a very common issue and there are some workarounds. If you check both the BF3 forums and Nvidia forums you can see all the people reporting similar issues.

Pedwar

Apparently turning hyperthreading off fixes the issue, but from my knowledge only Intel CPUs have this, do AMD CPU's use this? and can I turn anything off to increase performance? :S

Bond007

just check your ram use while in game. Some people have said that 4gb is causing stuttering in game (I don not have a problem with 4gb). That said, I don't see how ram would cause an issue with SLI and not single card, so its likely a driver issue somewhere.

Pedwar

I've downloaded the BETA drivers n it seems to be working a lot better now, also fiddled about a bit with the nvidia control panel options n it seems to be a lot more stable now. I'm kinda worried it is my RAM to some extent. Its not the best RAM and i think its quite old so I need to upgrade anyway, but the problem seems to be fixed for now. :)

Latest posts