What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

5600x, x570 Aorus Elite partially freezing

FranG

I found this site because im am having the exact same issues outline in this thread:

The problem i am having is that my computer will partially freeze when im doing mundane tasks (Zoom, youtube, Twitch, etc) when it "freezes" i will stop receiving info from task manager and HWmonitor. the outside software will stop working as well (Razer synapse, Corsair i-CUE) i can however hear and see my professor inside of the zoom meeting when its frozen but i will be unable to speak or type. i cannot restart or shutdown my PC and the only way to remedy the problem is to hard restart it and hope it doesn't happen again

The fix was found by deleting a software that was produced by the MOBO manufacturer, in the other persons case, it was asus not gigabyte. i was wondering if there is any chance people have found another fix for this issue. I only seem to get the freeze every couple days but it it frustrating to deal with nonetheless. i have also seen other fixes from deleting problematic software like NZXT cam but I have not downloaded it

Nothing shows up in Event viewer when my pc freezes

I have tried:

Fresh install of Win 10
f31 BIOS just noticed that GIGABYTE has posted an F32 so i will be downloading that shortly
stock settings on mobo
turned XMP off and on
swap GPU from 1060 to 3070
ran windows memory diagnostic tool

Program list:
Razer synapse
GPU-Z
Corsair i-CUE
HWmonitor

PC:
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

MOBO X570 AORUS ELITE

GPU EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 ULTRA

Storage WD Black 1TB SSD

PSU Corsair RM 750x

RAM Trident Gskillz NEO 2 x 8 3600 mhz

Cooler Corsair h100i RGB pro xt

Last edited:

Vittra

Curious that your event viewer doesn't show anything. A fresh windows install means it cannot be driver or software related, unless you've reinstalled the offending software - but it sounds like you've removed any of the motherboard type software that can cause this. You could probably just delete Synapse and iCue for now and see if anything really changes.

Maybe your issue is AGESA or BIOS/UEFI related.

Besides that, RTX 3xxx series cards with Nvidia drivers can have problems with the system being unresponsive in 2D accelerated content. Many people have noted it on their forums. I've seen it happen on my system with both a 3090 and 3080 TUF. In my particular case, the screen blacks out - sometimes the entire system stops functioning for this period as I can hear sound eventually stop too - then it comes back within 5-10 seconds. The system event logs will show the Nvidia drivers becoming unresponsive. Nvidia is supposedly aware of the issue but no fix yet.

You can see it with Firefox/Chrome most notably, but I believe things like the Battle.Net launcher can trigger it as well. I have not been able to actually reproduce the issue. It can be days before I see it come back again.

sswilson

Staff member
What are you using the Razor software for? That would be the first thing I'd try to get rid of.

Other than that? Have you checked to see if there are any "optional" updates? Those are typically manufacturer specific driver updates that may resolve the issue.

You mentioned doing a fresh windows install, but didn't mention if you'd installed the motherboard specific drivers. If you haven't, that would be worthwhile as well.

How are your usb devices connected? If you're using a HUB and have enough spare plugs on the motherboard O/P you can try taking it out of the picture as well.

Unfortunately there's no clear "easy" answer to a random issue and the best folks can do is suggest different things that "might" resolve the issue.

edit: Just noticed iCue on the list. Nix that for the moment as well.

Last edited:

FranG

What are you using the Razor software for? That would be the first thing I'd try to get rid of.

Other than that? Have you checked to see if there are any "optional" updates? Those are typically manufacturer specific driver updates that may resolve the issue.

You mentioned doing a fresh windows install, but didn't mention if you'd installed the motherboard specific drivers. If you haven't, that would be worthwhile as well.

How are your usb devices connected? If you're using a HUB and have enough spare plugs on the motherboard O/P you can try taking it out of the picture as well.

Unfortunately there's no clear "easy" answer to a random issue and the best folks can do is suggest different things that "might" resolve the issue.
Razor software is just for my mouse so i could delete it
by optional updates and motherboard specific drivers do you mean chipset drivers? cause ive downloaded the lates chipset drivers from AMD but have not downloaded any auto drivers from the mobo website because i use a DAC also have not downloaded LAN drivers or SATA RAID/AHCI drivers from the website either but its hard to believe it that

all of my usb devices are connected to my mobo

Appreciate all the suggestions

FranG

Curious that your event viewer doesn't show anything. A fresh windows install means it cannot be driver or software related, unless you've reinstalled the offending software - but it sounds like you've removed any of the motherboard type software that can cause this. You could probably just delete Synapse and iCue for now and see if anything really changes.

Maybe your issue is AGESA or BIOS/UEFI related.

Besides that, RTX 3xxx series cards with Nvidia drivers can have problems with the system being unresponsive in 2D accelerated content. Many people have noted it on their forums. I've seen it happen on my system with both a 3090 and 3080 TUF. In my particular case, the screen blacks out - sometimes the entire system stops functioning for this period as I can hear sound eventually stop too - then it comes back within 5-10 seconds. The system event logs will show the Nvidia drivers becoming unresponsive. Nvidia is supposedly aware of the issue but no fix yet.

You can see it with Firefox/Chrome most notably, but I believe things like the Battle.Net launcher can trigger it as well. I have not been able to actually reproduce the issue. It can be days before I see it come back again.
Yeah... i noticed that GIGABYTE posted a F32 bios 3 days ago so im going to give that a try as well so if it fixes my problem

sswilson

Staff member
"Optional" are through the windows update feature and are often chipset related. Besides that, yes I would install all of the motherboard specific drivers on the off chance that the stock Microsoft ones aren't doing the trick. (Double check, but I believe the Sata ones are Raid specific so I personally wouldn't bother with them).

FranG

still freezing after a bios update. took 2 days for it to happen tho feels bad. i dont even know if i can bring the rig in to get it fixed cause its such a weird problem

djbrad

What if it was the os ssd freezing?

Any firmware update available for your wd ssd drive?

Did you test installing windows on another hd?

chrisk

Folding Captain
Try turning off hardware acceleration if you have the option:

I'm wondering if Zoom, Youtube, and Twitch are all doing something strange with your gpu.

FranG

What if it was the os ssd freezing?

Any firmware update available for your wd ssd drive?

Did you test installing windows on another hd?
never thought of that ill give it a look and see if theres any updates to do.

Latest posts

Twitter