What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

5600x, x570 TUF gaming plus partially freezing

djbrad

Did you add any softwares / drivers after the win 10 install? Curious about the stability with the bare minimum.

Coach

Did you add any softwares / drivers after the win 10 install? Curious about the stability with the bare minimum.
I have considered that too. If it hadn't froze during a USB memtest I would be all of the OS.

Coach

Well my puter partially froze again just now. Could not CTL-ALT-DEL, I could use the mouse and click on some things, close somethings and others not. Could not restart the computer or power it down....

I have now swapped out the GPU. I read on some obscure site that partial freezing may have something to do with the GPU. Whatever, seems crazy, worth a try at this point

anabioz

Well my puter partially froze again just now. Could not CTL-ALT-DEL, I could use the mouse and click on some things, close somethings and others not. Could not restart the computer or power it down....

I have now swapped out the GPU. I read on some obscure site that partial freezing may have something to do with the GPU. Whatever, seems crazy, worth a try at this point

So funny enough, I am having something similar.

The system would randomly freeze and I can move the mouse and drag the windows that are open but the activity on it is stalled, including task manager. Basically the whole data flow freezes. Now what I have to say is this SSD was moved from an Intel system to an AMD system and since I use it for work, I really did not want to reinstall windows, but that would be best thing to do...

Specs:
HW:
Ryzen 5 3600
ASUS PRIME-B550M-A-CSM
ASUS GTX 950 2GB
Corsair MP510 960GB

Win 10 Pro 20H2

BIOS:
PRIME B550M-A BIOS 1203 (Stable, not a BETA)
1. Updated AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 Patch B
2. Improve system performance and stability
3. Improved DRAM compatibility

Chipset Drivers: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b550 -> 2.10.13.408

Coach

So funny enough, I am having something similar.

The system would randomly freeze and I can move the mouse and drag the windows that are open but the activity on it is stalled, including task manager. Basically the whole data flow freezes. Now what I have to say is this SSD was moved from an Intel system to an AMD system and since I use it for work, I really did not want to reinstall windows, but that would be best thing to do...

Specs:
HW:
Ryzen 5 3600
ASUS PRIME-B550M-A-CSM
ASUS GTX 950 2GB
Corsair MP510 960GB

Win 10 Pro 20H2

BIOS:
PRIME B550M-A BIOS 1203 (Stable, not a BETA)
1. Updated AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 Patch B
2. Improve system performance and stability
3. Improved DRAM compatibility

Chipset Drivers: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b550 -> 2.10.13.408

Let me know how that turns out

ZZLEE

If it crashes to BIOS try "Who Crashed" its a utility that's good fore understanding crash codes.

Coach

If it crashes to BIOS try "Who Crashed" its a utility that's good fore understanding crash codes.
Funny you mentioned that. I have used that program for a long time including with my recent problems. Unfortunately it shows no issues.

ZZLEE

If you are at default settings then maybe pull the CPU and check the pins. I was having soft crashes an some one said it was me pushing the overclock to hard fore the CPU. I dropped from 4.7 to 4.5 and have had no problems.

Pull the board out of the case and see if it still happens.

Good luck :)

Latest posts

Twitter