What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

5850 shortage!!!

D3lit3

Searched online everywhere, no one has the ati 5850 except NCIX which apparently has some no-name card in stock. Does anyone know where you could buy it from in Toronto? And when the production will pick up? Hell I called Canadacomputers and they told me I should get a 4890 already...:help:

ayah

I want an XFX 5850, but it looks like I'm going to be waiting for a very, very long time. =\

D3lit3

Very likely, called around and they said the 5850 wouldn't be available for another 3-4 weeks. Especially the ASUS and XFX.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Is this a problem of components or a problem of back orders?

Good question. But technically they are the same. If there are backorders, then it is also a components issue. TSMC must not be able to pump out enough 58xx chips to fill the demand.

Dr_BenD_over

Fallen Folder
The shop I hope to get mine from got 13 in, 2 Sapphire, 1 MSI and 10 Asus. The indication seemed to be that they would become more available at the end of the month as the price was supposed to drop. I hope these don't become like the 4770's, they actually kept going up in price because of the demand. (and/or lack of stock)

Surfer_2099

I honestly think I grabbed the one of the first 10 Gigabyte cards to hit Canada (at DirectCanada) a few days before the official launch date. I also convinced a colleague of mine to grab a Sapphire 5850 when I saw them come up at DirectCanada a week later. Now, they seem to really be in short supply!

Thats said...

Extreme PC

It's in Guelph, it's a bit more expensive than buying it from BC (tax difference), but if you really want one near Toronto, you may want to see if their "In Stock" status is correct. I myself have thought about it, but I dont "need" a 2nd 5850 yet, so I have not checked.

Cheers!
5850_Canuck :)

Latest posts