What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

5870 artifacts

Goalieman077

I have a single 5870. But when playing crysis I notice a lots of white dots flashing on the screen on things lime walls and floors. My settings are all ultra and 4xaa what could be the problem?

Goalieman077

Ok, weird tho it has only happened in crysis.
I have heard that it is a driver problem. What is another game that would give my gpu a workout?

gingerbee

just use a stress test like atitool ( but you have a very good point about the drivers i have heard of a few driver problems but that's just hear say i can't speak from experience )

magictorch

As said, try ATI tool as well and look for artifacts. Have you got farcry 2? or crysis warhead they are both pretty intensive as well. You need to monitor all the bits of the card when using furmark etc with something like the GPUZ tool -that way you can see the memio temps and not just the core. 75 on the core sounds good but if the mem or voltage regulators arnt seated well on the sink then they could be much hotter.

Lpfan4ever

I got artifacts like crazy when playing Crysis on my 4870x2, but on nothing else. Make sure you have the game patched to it's newest and possibly try turning some eye candy down. It worked for me.

JD

Staff member
It's a driver issue. White dots in Crysis are "normal", and well ATI/AMD has never gotten around to fixing it I see. It didn't originally happen, but in one of their driver revisions it showed up.

Latest posts

Twitter