What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

6950 or 570?

FlyingFish

I've looked at the benchmarks, I've looked at the reviews. Now I want to know what you folks think.

Upgrading for BF3.

Currently running
i7 970
6GB G Skill RAM
850W Silverstone PSU
GTX 280

I'm going to get either a GTX 570 or a 6950, but I've been in the NVIDIA Camp for a few years now. How are the drivers for the AMD cards these days? Someone told me they were crap at one point. I'd assume they're better now.

Pabz0r545

Saying that a market leading product is crap is ridiculous. That is obviously someone who loves nvidia's opinion.

Either or is fine. Use this tool to figure out which one suits your needs better.

As for those 2 cards wow is it ever close. Each card will slightly outperform the other in different tests.

Bond007

I would say go for the 570 if you are buying now. That said I would just hold off until you see how your current card handles BF3 and get some reviews of what cards work better in that game. Also there may be some new cards released by the time you end up having to upgrade (when game comes out). That could either get you a newer card for the same money, or one of the cards you are considering now at a lower price.

JJThomp

570 is going to give you more FPS but 6950 is better bang for your buck... Your choice.

Beastylemon

IF you are going to go Dual GPU later, DEF GET THE 570!!

ATI cards have to much micro stutter! It makes an average fps of 60 look like 30!

NI3

Wait until it is released. See which one performs better.

Latest posts