What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

7300GT - Fan Failure

Safearus

Glad to hear you got it all running!! And I'd agree with the heatsink and dremel. Why pay for a fan if you didn't pay for the card? LOL

DarKStar

I'd say your chances are better than 50/50. Caps are used to regulate voltage dips and the like Before the major component that needs it. If the capacitor fails, its possible that everything after it is fine... since the capacitor is essentially an open circuit after it "pops". But don't take my word for it! (Reading Rainbox? :biggrin:) :thumb:
They hold and store a charge and release it to the component as needed - electronics are extremely sensitive to variations or absence of the required current even for a fraction fo a second - the caps provides it as needed - you know how sometimes you get those mini power failures for a fraction of a second or a very short power dip and your PC is still working as if nothing happened ? Well this is where your CAPS come into play - fake caps / going bad / changes its specs and can cause problems - stability, rebooting, blackouts, you won't get away with failing caps for a long time they are there for a reason! and knocking on wood I have never had a bad cap - I've run older motherboards for over 7 years in a row 24/7 nonstop and not a single bad cap - nowadays I am shocked to see crappy components used even in the msot expensive gear, I'd go as far as saying it's criminal and companies should be held liable ! The last place you want bad caps is on a motherboard and graphics card ! :)

KaptCrunch

you want all the air flow over fins

close the corners and have side ends as same the bottom pictured

more glue and cutting cardboard

Attachments

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter