What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

771 to 775 Mod

danmitch1

Hey guys, Im trying to get a modded x5450 working in a modded 775 mobo (ga-ep45c-ds3) with no luck.

I've followed all the steps in every thread/video available but cant seem to get it to boot to even the bios.
The seller had this chip and board working a while ago but I cant for the life of me get it going.
The board works as well as I've tested other cpus in it.

I've cleared the Cmos, like really cleared it by removing the battery unplugging the power supply and jumping the reset cmos pins.

I made sure the arrow on the chip is lined up with the arrow on the socket.

I removed all the ram and tried it with one stick, I even tried other ram with no luck.

When I power the pc, it spins the fans for a couple of seconds and then shuts down and restarts in a loop.
Some threads mention that this will happen and the pc will eventually start but I left it in this loop for a half hour with no change.

Is there anything else I can do, is there something im missing?

Thanks in advance.

danmitch1

Well visually fine, no defects or anything. No beeps cause i dont have a speaker installed.
I even tried using another cpu to get to the bios and set everything as the xeon should like ie: vcore and fsb save it shutdown and install the xeon again but no luck.

MARSTG

Latest bios installed ? The cpu does have the little plastic applied on the pins ?

danmitch1

Yup, I flashed the latest bios and the chip has that sticker on it swapping the pins as seen here

danmitch1

Im reading that the micro code is injected after you have the cpu working.

danmitch1

Lol, im feeling too chicken to flash a modified bios, especially one I modified my self!

Latest posts