What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

780i won't recognize second gts250...

nckid4u

My 780i is acting crazy. I have two gts250s. It won't recognize the second one. I am using the top and bottom slots, leaving the middle one empty) It is not the card because I can switch them and it makes no difference. If I put the stock heatsink and fan back on, the fan runs wide open on the second card. If I put my gts250 in the top slot and my 8800gt in the bottom, it recognizes both cards no problem. It is not the PSU because I had 2 gts250s and an 8800gt running together on my 680i with no problems. I also hooked up a second psu and ran the second 250 off it and no difference. What am I doing wrong or not doing???
Thanks in advance.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

blogz101

Try to put the GTS 250's side by side( PCIe 2.0 port 1 and PCIe 2.0 Port 2). See if it makes a diff. I read somewhere that this motherboard is specific on the port of the videocard and has to be in order. Hope it helps

Eagle Eye

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="80%"><TBODY><TR><TD>

</TD></TR><TR><TD width=100>Bios Version : </TD><TD>P08</TD></TR><TR><TD>BIOS Date : </TD><TD>9/15/2008</TD></TR><TR><TD>Bios File : </TD><TD>NF78_P08.bin (Primary Download Link)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Notes : </TD><TD>The following was updated in release P08:
  • Improved nTune compatibility
  • Fixed restoring disabled device states & fan speeds after suspend/resume
  • CPU Microcode updates for Penryn CPUs
  • Fixed PCIe compatibility issue
  • Improved Fan Controls
  • Improved Memory Compatibility
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Twitter