What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

7950 unstable.

TerenceJ

This is about an older card. But I was wondering if anyone might have some knowledge that could help :thumb: I have an old Gigabyte 7950 graphics card with F2 Bios. I think it would be considered rev 1 of the card as it only has 2 - 6 pin power connectors. Card looks in good shape. And powered up and everything.

However when I game with it I start to see some slight artifacts. And after a couple hours the driver crashes. I figured the card is slightly unstable at stock, the temperatures are good, never goes over 60-62C. I was able to adjust the VDDC up with MSI afterburner, and that seemed to solve the issue. Or the other option I was able to drop the core frequency down to say 870Mhz from 900. But who wants to downclock right?? :doh:

I've tried to tweak the VDDC up in the videocard BIOS so it is always higher, but I can't seem to. It is like it's locked. I can adjust the core and memory clock in the bios so it boots up at those frequencies. (lower or higher) I also tried reflashing it with various other BIOS as well, F43, FY1, F3, with no luck, VDDC remains fixed. I was curious if anyone knew of any tricks for setting it higher other then in windows software?

If not I guess I will settle for downclocking it a little lol. Thanks! :punk:

Attachments

ern88

I have a Sapphire HD7950 Vapor-X. O/C GPU is set 950 and memory is 1250. No power change. And mine works fine. It could be the card is failing.

Last edited:

Bond007

Try it with the vram freq dropped to 1200 and GPU freq at default. I have seen artifacting before that was vram heat related.

MARSTG

Look for Radeon Video Bios Editor, extract the bios, modify the vddc value and maybe the gpu clock as well and reflash using Ati flash. Should work.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter