What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

8 pin with extra 4 pin?

JMillard

Hi I have a Cooler Master MWE 750 Gold Full Modular, 80+ Gold Certified 750W Power Supply and I was looking at the gigabyte z390 gaming x motherboard for my build and pairing them with a i5 9400f & 1660 super. but on PC builder it gives me this compatibility note " The Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X ATX LGA1151 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the Cooler Master MWE Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it."

Should I be concerned about this or not?

Izerous

Folding Team
As per the description extreme overclocks and ridiculous video card configurations you want it but for typical overclocking don't need it

KaptCrunch

mainly for cross-fire, SLi setup and serious CPU work 8 wire 12v

note: make sure they aren't PCI-e for will kill MB also check pinout of plug before using for had one marked wrong in modular PSU.

and yes they will connect for key on plugs are miss matched but still mate up with wrong connectionsGPU POWER.jpg
on CPU power 8 plug make sure all wires are yellow on latch side of plug (+12vdc)

Last edited:

Latest posts