What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

8700K and 8350K Pricing

BALISTX

I was on userbenchmark.com and came across this. The Canadian pricing for 8700K and 8350K Coffee Lake Processors. They did have the 8600K but when I went back to get a screenshot it was gone.

HvWKFIC.jpg

UserBenchmark: Intel Core i7-8700K

CEqTM5L.jpg

UserBenchmark: Intel Core i3-8350K

Groove

I guess the ~$500CAD price point for the 8700K was to be expected.

Currently thought, the 1600X is going for $249.99 and the the 1700X is going for 389.99. I think it can also be expected that the 8700K will have better performance (IPC for sure and probably even multi against the 1700X) but I'm curious to know if that extra performance is worth twice the price of the 1600X for example... We'll know tomorrow!

Bao

From a strict budget point of view, AMD currently is the best option. (unless the i3 quad core K is a crazy value like I am picturing in my mind).

Anyway, 6 core vs 6 core. The i7-8700K is going to walk over AMD.

However if you have a strict budget and require a 6C/12T CPU. AMD will always win. Price delta would hypothetically mean a i7 + GTX 1060 setup vs Ryzen + GTX1080 setup :p

Oh and assuming no price gouging and going with typical markups, the i7-8700K should be below $500, but not by much.

"Could" be as low as $469 at retail. But with the word of low stock until 2018, be prepared to pay a lot more I guess :<

Cptn Vortex

From a strict budget point of view, AMD currently is the best option. (unless the i3 quad core K is a crazy value like I am picturing in my mind).

Anyway, 6 core vs 6 core. The i7-8700K is going to walk over AMD.

However if you have a strict budget and require a 6C/12T CPU. AMD will always win. Price delta would hypothetically mean a i7 + GTX 1060 setup vs Ryzen + GTX1080 setup :p

Oh and assuming no price gouging and going with typical markups, the i7-8700K should be below $500, but not by much.

"Could" be as low as $469 at retail. But with the word of low stock until 2018, be prepared to pay a lot more I guess :<

You are pretty much dead on for the low sale price of $469 retail, based on the disti cost I can see at this moment in time.

Dwayne

I get a laugh at the circular reporting on "low stock" based on one website's report on what retailers in the Nordic region has said about getting CPUs to sell.

"The guys from SweClockers mention that they did rounds are Swedish etailers and, the word back was that they have very little stock. If that is the case on a global scale, then it will have an adverse effect on final (higher) etail pricing of course as high-demand drives up prices."

But wait, there is more: (translated via Google from the SweClockers page)

"In addition, one of SweClocker's contacts speaks that no Nordic distributor received the unlocked Core i7-8700K, Core i5-8600K, and Core i3-8350K without launching sales with the locked sibling models Core i7-8700, Core i5-8400 and Core i3- 8100"

Oh the humanity, Intel wants retailers to sell ALL of the skus, not just the high priced k versions.

It will be fun to watch the web and see what actually happens. It could be 100% correct, or 100% wrong, but every tech website seems to point back to this one story. Thankfully I am still in no rush, or need, to upgrade. It is all based on scratching an it to upgrade and the cheapness of being willing to wait and see!

Dwayne

Well, Intel crushes my dreams again with a virtual paper launch. Enough chips out there to say launch, not enough to actually call in stock. I should know better by now, but I keep hoping that these companies would stock the pipeline, but nope.

Cptn Vortex

Stock is showing as back ordered, eta's listing between a week or two, but low volumes in-coming at distribution.