What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

8800GT - Strange Noise

EddieTO

Thanks for the tutorial :p The sloppy job on the stock thermal paste is an understatement LOL.

Looks like it`s goodbye horrrible stock EVGA heatsink. Hello Arctic Accelero S1 hehe. I`m not sure if the memory heatsinks that came with the S1 will stick indefinately. I should probably buy some thermal compound that doubles as an adjesive. I think Ì`m going to have to remove the 12cm fan on the door of my antec 900 and reposition it to the drivebay to blow over the card front to back.

Voodoo

That looks like a very nice cooler. I've also heard good things about using the dual orb on the 8800GT as well.

EddieTO

I installed the Zalman VF900 instead of the S1 on my 8800GT since it doesnt interfere with the side-mounted fan on the antec900. The S1 is way too tall.

40degrees idle, 59 load. OMG (and the AS5 hasnt been broken in yet)

my card used to idle at 55 and go above 80 under load

Breathless

I have made a video documenting this strange high pitched noise problem. In my case, it was caused by my Tagan BZ-900 power supply. I also have an 8800GT

Here is proof of my issue:

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter