What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

90 degree PCIe x2 or x4 riser cable needed

Mr. Friendly

friend has a Supermicro board with a x8 and a x4 that are side by side and the GPU cooler blocks the x4, so a standard riser cable with it's bit of height won't fit.

he needs the x4 to install a USB expansion card he just bought.

something like this should exist, I just can't seem to find anything.

Entz

Entz

If the X4 is open and you have clearance a low profile 90 connector like https://www.amazon.ca/Tanbin-PCI-Express-Riser-Degree-Adapter and a separate cable would work too. Its hacky not being shorter but I can't seem to find a x4 or x8. Supermicro may have one for a right hand (or is it left*) chassis mount. You know the ones where the bracket is in the middle of the motherboard and 2 go up one side and 1 go up the other in order to stack the cards flat.

** Which side is your x4 on lol? if its , from the CPU, X4 then X8 then RSC-R1UU-E8R+ is a shorter version. This is right handed so to speak.

Mr. Friendly

Is the USB card x4? Something like this may work but its x1 electrically (open so you can put bigger in). Not sure how much height you have to work with.

x4 is a unicorn I think ...

sorry, the card is a x1...but the only open slot is the x4.

Latest posts

Twitter