What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

939 Processor?

BALISTX

My buddy's Athlon64 X2 3800 just died on him and he was asking me what Opteron he should go to with. Any suggestions?

G

DC? If so 165 or the 170 for the higher multi.
Direct Canada has a few opty left but there going quick

SHaCK

DC? If so 165 or the 170 for the higher multi.
Direct Canada has a few opty left but there going quick

Ah, looks like they are already out. :/

I've been watching some 165s and 170s on eBay, new and used, they usually end between 150$/200$.

If he is going to buy it on eBay then go for the CCBBE stepping, the most consistent for 3ghz. Second choice would be CCBWE.

sswilson

Staff member
If he's going for e-bay then a good 165 stepping should do him well.

If he has a look at the 3g club rankings over at DIY-Street they all have steppings included (Not sure if it's in the 3g entry or the link to the OCDB entry that comes with it) which will point him towards the best steppers.

Last edited:

Mars

Tigerdirect also has (or had, last I checked) FX-60 processors for around $300, with the fun unlocked multiplier.

SHaCK

If he's going for e-bay then a good 165 stepping should do him well.

If he has a look at the 3g club rankings over at DIY-Street they all have steppings included (Not sure if it's in the 3g entry or the link to the OCDB entry that comes with it) which will point him towards the best steppers.

See my post above ;)

Latest posts

Twitter