What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

9900k 5.3ghz and overkill watercooling

Finch

Hi,

Just showing off my new build. I've put a lot of work and money into this build.
what i did:
Delidded the 9900k and direct die watercooling
Custom waterblocks on vrms
4x360 ek rads and mcp655pump and res
thermaltake core x71 case with a extra machined radiator bracket made by my machinist friend
14 fans total, some noctua's and some ek vardar and suprisingly not very loud

specs in picture, tell me what do you think and feedbacks

Attachments

Finch

cpu temp is stable 65c under stresstest full load sometimes spikes at 70c and vrms 55c.

with my previous watercooled setup i was hitting cpu 85c (not delided) and vrm 105c (passive heatsink) @ 5.1ghz 1.35vcore

Finch

Thanks. The cpu does 5.2ghz at 1.35v and 5.3ghz at 1.425v, i am wondering how safe it is and if i will see degradation at 1.425v. what do you guys think?

Finch

That is one hell of a chip. Did you buy it retail or from Silicon Lottery?
Amazon, funny part is i received a 8year old i7 3960x at first because amazon sells you open box with bad returns in them. People should be ashamed of doing this but at least i received a good replacement very quickly.

I don't think the silicon is that much special. I think its more got to do with cooling. Even my motherboard is just an okay motherboard. But i think by dropping down temps on cpu AND vrms it helps alot. Now i am more wondering what kind of voltage the chip is able to handle without starting degradation? 5.4ghz is not far off but i don't want to break it. I heard voltage isn't much of an issue if the temps stay low?

rjbarker

Considering Silicon Lottery odds of stable 5.3 Ghz is very very low.....I'd say you hit the Lottery for sure !!!!! I can do some benchmark runs at 5.2 Ghz and 1.42v but defintely NOT stable and heat is an issue for sure.....thats with 480 / 360 amd 240 Rads (not de-lidded)......are your load temps with stress test AVX enabled ??? If so thats amazing !!!!!!

Twitter