What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

9900k Oc on a Gigabyte z390 Aorus Ultra

danmitch1

So I couldnt help my self and got my 9900k oc'ed to 5ghz on all cores (4.3 ghz uncore) with automatic avx offset, 1.345 v core and XMP 3200 ram profile on my Gigabyte z390 Aorus Ultra.
I can do 5.1 at 1.36 vcore but it gets toasty, maybe down the line ill get a custom loop and push it but for now the 5ghz is great.

That being said, Im not prime 95 stable, and some might say its not a true oc but I just couldnt get it stable and cool with prime 95 with or without avx.

Im aida64 30min, cinebench 15 and 20 (4 consecutive runs each) stable with temps staying below 91c.
Roughly 1.5 hours of Assassins creed Odyssey 2k maxed out settings generated 77c max.
1 hour of Battlefield V 2k maxed settings generated 74c max.
Adobe software and 3ds max work great. No buggy activity at all.
So this is stable enough for me.

Anyway, now I re-instated all the power features and set windows to a balanced power profile.
Everything is staying stable but whats bugging me is that my Vcore is locked at 1.345.
To enable the dynamic vcore I have to set my vcore to "normal" but then the vcore shoots up to 1.5 ! (with immediate skyrocketing temps evidently)

Is this just something I have to deal with? I guess 1.345v constant isnt the end of the world but still.

Another thing I cant figure out is what hw info is monitoring with

VR LOOP 1 - There are two instances, one that hovers with and without load between 48c - 58c
the other 57c - 68c

and

VR VCC Temperature (SVID) - This seems to have the same as the second instance of VR LOOP 1 hovering between 58c - 68c

I thought it was the VRM temps but then I have VRM MOS which hovers between 35c - 45c.

Either way I guess those temps are not too crazy but I cant find any solid detailed info about what they are acually reading.

All other temps seems great.

This screenshot is taken after a 15 minute aida64 test

Last edited:

Valkyrie

rjbarker

There was one setting in my MXIE Bios that I had to change from "Auto" to "Enabled" to get the CPU to throttle down voltages when idle....was odd...took me awhile to figure it out.....
I got mine stable at 5.1 Ghz Uncore 4.8 Ghz with vcore 1.325v LLC 6 ....gets toasty even with a Custom Loop ;) ....5Ghz was 1.275v .....both 5.1 and 5.2 Ghz are stable with all the tests (P95 Non AVX)....Realbench uses AVX though and it was fine......5.2 Ghz 1.385v Uncore 4.7 Ghz ...not stable but can tear thru some Benchmarks...think Cinebench was 2250

....Nice Chips .......

danmitch1

Yeah I think your chip is better than mine as i had to really push voltages just for 5ghz and a lower uncore of 4.3. And yes, very toasty. Decided to go back to stock for now.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
my two buddies overclocked their 9900K's to 5ghz on all cores and it would throttle within moments due to heat. they both were running top end Corsair AiO 360 loops.

one of them has become unhappy with his loops performance that he bought the D15 in the hopes it will do better.

rjbarker

my two buddies overclocked their 9900K's to 5ghz on all cores and it would throttle within moments due to heat. they both were running top end Corsair AiO 360 loops.

one of them has become unhappy with his loops performance that he bought the D15 in the hopes it will do better.

If they were benching with AVX enabled could be (P95 w AVX Instructions or LinX)....would have to know there vCore though. (maybe theyre setting excessive high voltage)..as many are having great results with the 9900K @ 5Ghz....even with an AIO .......what are buddies hitting for temps gotta be upper 90's !!!

I would think a decent 360 AIO with good fans (maybe push/pull) 5 Ghz shouldnt be an issue with around 1.28v - 1.32v ......if there going higher than 1.32v its no wonder ....

I see High 80's to Low 90's running P95 w AVX @ 5.1 Ghz vcore around 1.355v....but thats a Custom Loop with 480/360/240 Rads....and did not experience any throttling at all....

Latest posts