What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

9980xe vs 9900k which is worth it

queenofparts

So i happen to have both of these combos in my posession
i9 9900k
aorus z390 master
and
i9 9980xe
Asrock X299

i game render videos for my youtube channel and do some medium gaming
i dont know if ill use the additional cores over 8/16
i see some games at 1920x1080 but at 1440 the 9980xe takes control
ugg decisions decisions
im gaming i realize either cpu will perform like rockstars
its the other things im wondering about and tomorrow im going to
have a benchoff for 8 hours can anyone recommend some benchmarks i should run
im going for 5ghz across all cores on both cpus

moocow

So what exactly are you using to render videos for YT? That alone should determine what you use to benchmark. I think looking at what Gamers Nexus use for their benchmark is a good start since they too are rendering stuff for YT.

dentoman

I wouldn't overpay a 4-x price for 9980xe. Most games are not optimized for more than 4 cores, and only a few of them can use even 6 or 8. But you don't get any noticeable performance boost in games if you have 18 vs 8 cores.

Also, it looks like i9 9900K get a bit better score in benchmarks in single-core tests.

Cptn Vortex

If you have both combos, go with the X299. That CPU's resale value has fallen drastically, so I'd use it, and sell the 9900k combo. Plus, X299 has way more PCIe lanes, more PCIe slots, more storage options, more RAM slots... you get the idea. I'm still using my X99 setup and it's still a great platform.

Latest posts

Twitter