What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

A 200$ upgrade

Dar_ell

Quick question, my sister randomly came up to me and said i have 200$ lets go to CC (canada computers) tomorrow and you can buy anything you want. i was kinda surprised and wondered if i was high and said ok. Now the problem is i don't know what the hell to get lol. Soo.. suggestions?

DrPepper

Watercooling since I see you have interest in overclocking. Or maybe a new mouse or something random....

JD

Staff member
Watercooling since I see you have interest in overclocking. Or maybe a new mouse or something random....
CC doesn't have that really...

Maybe like new motherboard + 2nd HD4850? Not really much to do with $200, can't exactly afford a Q9xx0 CPU.

martin_metal_88

Get a better board like EP45-UD3P or simething higher than P35 and yep a second 4850 is a good choice;) Put alittle from your pocket and get the 2:) or give me your sister and the 200 box, Ill give the sister back after spend it all, or hm.... you can get...Second monitor? or a little SSD would be a good had to your build.

Ask for more.

Dar_ell

lol i thought you wanted to keep my sister! what would be better, EP45 + another 4850, a 260GTX, a 4890, or see if i can make a pirate hat with 200$

HalifaxPete

Possible Choices for your $200 purchase:
- How much hard drive space do you have left?
- What is the quality of your keyboard? Are you happy with your keyboard?
- Are you happy with your speakers and soundcard?
- Do you have quality headphones?
- Would an aftermarket gpu cooler help oc your 4850?

Try to think of items that you wanted since getting your sig rig.

Search for as much information on water cooling parts before purchasing; such as, what brand of waterblock fits on the Asus 4850 with no problems.

Best of luck with your purchases. :thumb:

Dar_ell

-Tons of space.
-i love my keyboard
-speakers are good, ive never ever want to get a soundcard unless my hearing gets ULTRA sensitive
-Yea i got good headphones!
-The local CC doesn't have any gpu cooler for my 4850, i visited 1 week ago. They tell me they barely get any.

I will not be entering the WC scene until i get a decent i7 system going, other then that im going air.

I'm really thinking of a new mobo + 4850 but that puts me near the 300$ mark. And im broke =D

Dar_ell

Its cutting pretty close, thats why im leaning towards just 1 4890. I'm getting more money later in this month so i can upgrade my motherboard by then and maybe pick up that new Hyper 212.

Twitter