What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

A hero has fallen - RIP John Fleming aka Soullessone21

CMetaphor

Quadfather
The world in 2020 is so very hard to live in. Every single day is a struggle. It's a nightmare.

Soul was a good person. But the best people often get hurt the most.

Condolences.

gingerbee

OMG, I remember when he started RHR I didn't spend much time there but I do remember him here this is so sad I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. I don't even know what to say but he will be missed.

soullessone21 you will be missed

Bond007

This is terrible news. I have only ever had good things to say about him, and positive interactions. I am glad I had the pleasure of knowing him, even if it was only though here and RHR.

I had no idea anything was wrong.

RIP John. The world is a lesser place without you.

clshades

Omg. Heart breaking. He was a class act, that guy, with an amazing family to match. His wife looked son for a short spell *edit from wife*. They'd gotten a new rescue pitbull and we all thought our son was a bit too young to be around the new dog. So that was several years ago. I haven't been in touch with him in quite some time. Oddly I was thinking about him a couple weeks ago and wished I'd reached out. Can't imagine what his son is feeling. :-(

I can't believe he's gone 😭
RIP John.

Last edited:

On2wheels

Though I never knew him or had interactions, it still hurts to hear this news. I remember the last time I heard about someone I knew who had his own personal demons, so when he took his own life we were in so much shock I didn't know how to process it. I think we got past it by hugging our loved ones the first chance we got, and doing it often. I don't even have kids and I feel for those who do.

This past weekend I watched a Joe Rogan clip where his guest broke down in emotion when talking about Anthony Bourdain. They were close friends and I guess he was in equal shock mixed with anger. I can't imagine how close family and friends are feeling, my thoughts are with you.

Last edited:

enaberif

I really don't know how to feel on this.

The last couple of days has been rough for me.

I know Income off as the cranky old bastard but I was there for when John came to Calgary and was there for when he needed help for whatever was needed.

John was always someone who would give his shirt off his back for you but would never ask for anything ever in return.

I remember one year my girlfriend had signed up for some Christmas help thing and the family she got wanted a few small things. But there was a boy in that family and all he wanted was a new computer.

I got in touch with John and he made that little boys dream come true.

I knew/known John for close to 10 years and while we never talked in great lengths he was always there to chat.

It goes to show that no matter how long you know someone you never really know them and this shows that even the most helpful of people have troubles asking for help when they need it.

Please everyone raise a beer or drink in his honor and remember him for the helpful person he was.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
So sorry to hear about this. John helped me out by loaning me an AMD cpu back before he moved to Alberta when I didn't have any other AMD hardware to troubleshoot my son's machine. He was a very friendly and helpful guy.