What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

A Laptop for my Mother in Law

TwystedMonkey

I was up in Penticton a couple of weeks ago and my Mother-in-Law to be asked me to take a look at the spec sheet for a laptop she was thinking about buying. I wrote all the pertinent info down and now I have lost the piece of paper... anyways what I remember is it was a clearance Sony Vaio laptop with Vista and it was under 700 bucks. It was being sold at London drugs. Now I really have no idea what Vaio's are like but from what I do know sony is not known for making l33t systems even if they are just for everyday use. I am going to see if she will give me an amount she wants to spend and then I can go find her the best deal for her money. Any thoughts on Sony's or just any thoughts in general will be very welcomed.

Jack Rabbit

I would be less worried about buying a Vaio and more worried about buying it at London Drugs. What kind of service or support is she going to get out of them?

What will your mother in law do with this laptop? If all she wants it for is checking her e-mail once a month then buy a Wind.

NyteOwl

The Vaio used to be very nice but Sony's don't seem as robust as they used to be. The main two considerations for selection are 1) what yasks will it need to handle and 2) how much do you like/dislike your mother-in-law? :haha: (Just kidding :biggrin:)

Latest posts