What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

A little gem of the Yukon

JayDeeHobbit

That's awesome! :thumb:

The ice is so black.
Doesn't look much like the pond hockey days of my youth though. lol

Shadowmeph

Nice, are you using a helmet cam?
I miss the days when I was able to go down to cloverdale and go ice skating on some farmers frozen field in the winter

gingerbee

wicked. ice only goes smoke because of air in it this being called windy arm i bet there alot of wind or at least bubble keep air bubbles outta the water hence the wicked clear ice thanks thats crazy cool

bainne

Nice, are you using a helmet cam?
I miss the days when I was able to go down to cloverdale and go ice skating on some farmers frozen field in the winter
Haven't seen frozen ponds/lakes in Southern BC since I was a wee gaffer, so 20+ years :sad:
Pond hockey was definitely one of the better memories of childhood; will always remember a buddy chasing after a puck into some cat tails at the edge - all of a sudden "SPLOOSH" :haha:

supaflyx3

This reminds me of when i lived on a lake in the cariboo, would get down to around -30 and i would build a skating rink on the lake in my back yard.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
That is just stunning. It looks like they are skating on water, not ice.

FlyingFish

Wow. That ice looks fantastic. Makes me want to drive out the Kootenays to skate on a lake somewhere.