What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

A Very Different RTX 3080 Build!

sswilson

Staff member
I picked up the X73 for about $250. There is no way that LCD screen is worth that much.

I had this discussion over on RFD WRT the price on the Z63 (and brought up the same comment about "you can damn near build a custom loop for that) but I suppose it's "to each their own".

$100+ seems like a lot of money for bling, but it is very fancy bling indeed, and since a 3 pack of corsair RGB fans (I'm rocking 2 sets myself) runs $150+ (not what I paid for mine) I figured it wasn't my place to judge.

Dwayne

I had this discussion over on RFD WRT the price on the Z63 (and brought up the same comment about "you can damn near build a custom loop for that) but I suppose it's "to each their own".

$100+ seems like a lot of money for bling, but it is very fancy bling indeed, and since a 3 pack of corsair RGB fans (I'm rocking 2 sets myself) runs $150+ (not what I paid for mine) I figured it wasn't my place to judge.

Heh, I picked up 2 packs of the QL120s, but as much as I would like to see the temps, no way.

sswilson

Staff member
Fan prices have gotten way out of hand IMO . No way a fan should be $60.

You won't get any arguments from me. :)

I got my first HD120 free from NCIX through whatever they called their points system (traded that off for 8GB DDR3), and then managed to grab a refurb 3 pack @ $60. My 3 pack of LLs cost me $90 and I thought that was a bit much at the time.

If I were to cost out my 4 MLs, 3 HD120s, 3 LL120s, 4 strip pack, and Commander Pro new today I'm sure it'd be over $500 and that's just freaking silly!